GIVE MY REGARDS TO NIGERIA

GIVE MY REGARDS TO NIGERIA

A Screenplay by BesGoo
"

Mayla is excited to start college, shes even more excited that she's made a love connection with a handsome medical student from Nigeria. You aren't going to believe what the outcome of this story is!

"
INT. MAYLA'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
MAYLA,18, laying on bed writing in journal
                                                        
MAYLA (narrating)                                                                                             Although I was born here in America my parents made sure my older brother and I were in tuned with our Nigerian roots. Not to mention our parents raised us with all the basic strict Nigerian rules. So you can imagine how excited I am to start college and live my life. this year Sinqua and I would both be freshman and the hottest couple on campus.  My mom is more excited than usual about Sinqua coming, it seems like everyday she comes home with a new piece of African art. "And over here is from the Ibo tribe made in 1702." mom nobody cares.  Although I 'm only 18 he makes me feel like a grown woman. There is something refreshing about an 18 year old man whose text messages don't include "send nudes".  Thats why he gets them lol. I need to stop. Ow gotta go my babe just texted me.



PHONE TEXT CONVERSATION

Hello beautiful queen Hey king how are you? I'm great you know why? Why? Because I get to finally meet my queen! Awww XOXO I don't understand what this XOXO means Lol I'm sorry it means hugs and kisses I can't wait to hug and kiss you Neither can I, I'm so happy I waited for you You are truly one of a kind I got a present for you Really? I have to get you a present now You are present enough for me my love sdifjsldkfj ? Oh my gosh I'm so sorry you gave me the chills lol Lol well you gave me the chills when I seen that sexy picture you sent this morning your body is a work of art My body? have you seen yours I mean you could easily be a model all the ladies are gonna love you but I'm going to be the one you're making love to I cannot wait to have you in my arms all my dreams will come true

INT. CLOTHING STORE FITTING ROOM - DAY 
Mayla is trying on outfits for her best friend Ashley.

                                                 ASHLEY 
Hurry up and put this one on this is like your seventh dress and if this                one isn't it we're giving up on this store.

MAYLA 
I'm meeting the love of my life I have to have an outfit that says I'm classy, take me now

They laugh.

ASHLEY 
Yas undercover freak. What are we guys going to do when he gets here?                  Make sure this dress with easy access so you can meet him in the bathroom for a quick rendezvous. 

They laugh.

                                                                                        MAYLA                                                                                                Girl stop we'll probably go bowling or something.

                                                                                        ASHLEY                                                                                           Do they have bowling alleys in Africa?

                                                                                        MAYLA                                                                                                                                                 Sometimes I don't know how you're my best friend, I'm                                                                                                     sure they do. I know there are some less fortunate parts of Africa                                                  but its not a wasteland like most small minded people think.

                                                                                        ASHLEY                                                                                               Not a cloud in site, but I'm feeling some shade.

                                                                                        MAYLA                                                                                          Definitely shade.

They laugh.

                                                                                       ASHLEY                                                                                                    Well what about a museum, like an art exhibit an African art exhibit ow yeah.

                                                                                        MAYLA                                                                                                                                    First of all thats to cliche, second of all have you seen my                                                         house it is an African Art exhibit.

                                                                                       ASHLEY                                                                                       True, girl I'm sure the only place he wants to go is your bedroom.

They laugh. Mayla opens the fitting room door and dances in her short dress.

                                                                                       MAYLA                                                                                          Aye and the door is wide open for him.

                                                                                        ASHLEY                                                                                    Yas thats super cute!

Ashley dances with her. They stand in front on the mirror.

                                                                                           ASHLEY                                                                                            Do you really think this is the guy you want to be your first?

                                                                                         MAYLA (exhale)                                                                          Yeah.

                                                                                         ASHLEY                                                                                                   Good cause I'm sick of being the only one getting some action.

INT. KITCHEN - MORNING

Mayla walks into the kitchen fresh out of bed.

KEEMA,40s, Thick Nigerian accent, motherly, cooking breakfast.

                                                                                           MAYLA                                                                                                                                       Good morning mama

                                                                                           KEEMA                                                                                                                                       Good morning ladybug how did you sleep?

                                                                                            MAYLA                                                                                                                                       Wonderful! Today just feels like a good day! you need help?

                                                                                            KEEMA                                                                                                                                       Sure

Mayla begins to place biscuits on a pan.

                                                                                            MAYLA                                                                                                                                        Wheres daddy?

                                                                                           KEEMA                                                                                                                                       He made his way to the airport to pick up Sinqua hes arriving                                                                                                 earlier than we thought.

                                                                                           MAYLA (shocked)                                                                                                                         What!

                                                                                           KEEMA                                                                                                                                      Whats the issue?

                                                                                           MAYLA                                                                                                                                      I look a mess

Mayla runs out the kitchen.

                                                                                           KEEMA                                                                                                                                     Thats never stopped you before.

Keema laughs herself, Mayla smiles sarcastically. 

INT. MAYLAS BEDROOM - MORNING

Mayla sitting at vanity table doing her make up, talking to herself. She is dressed.

                                                                                          MAYLA                                                                                                                                       I'm so happy you're here, your more handsome                                                                                                                     in person. Wait that's corny as hell .

Knock on door. MALIK,23, bust in the room.

                                                                                          MALIK                                                                                                                                       Baby sister!

                                                                                          MAYLA                                                                                                                                       Brother!

Mayla gets up and runs to her brother. They hug each other.

                                                                                          MALIK                                                                                                                                                             What you getting all fancy for? Thats the dress the college girls                     wear that says I'm classy, take me now. Ah I see, you think the new                              recipient is handsome. I remember acting like this when it was                         Nia. I mean I guarantee hes a catfish, don't get your hopes up. He                   probably used a models picture. Hes gonna come here looking like a                                   beast.

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                       What are you even talking about? I've never seen his picture.

                                                                                         MALIK                                                                                                                                    Yes you have ma used to make me add the student on facebook too.

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                    Well that doesn't mean I think hes handsome. Why are you                                                                                                               even here? You don't live here anymore.

                                                                                         MALIK                                                                                                                                      Ma said she had a surprise for me, not to mention this                                                                                                                  was my house before it was yours.

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                     Well you can have it back when I am gone.

                                                                                         MALIK                                                                                                                                           Where you going?

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                    To be the cutest couple on campus.

Malik laughs.

                                                                                          MALIK                                                                                                                                      With who? You better tell me who this boy is that thinks                                                                                                            hes gonna be holding hands with my baby sister-                                                                                                     wait is it even a guy? cause your vibe has been a little questionable lately.

Mayla throws a small object at Malik he runs off, she chases after him.

INT. DINNING ROOM - DAY

Malik and Mayla walk into the kitchen. Keema is setting up the table.

                                                                                          KEEMA                                                                                                                                         He is out back with your father.                                                                                   

Malik walks out. Mayla looks in the mirror to make sure she looks good.

                                                                                          KEEMA                                                                                                                                  I am so excited for you to meet him, he is such a handsome gentlemen.

                                                                                          MAYLA                                                                                                                                            I know! I mean I'm sure.

                                                                                          KEEMA                                                                                                                                            His father is here also.

                                                                                          MAYLA                                                                                                                                            Oh cool.

The four men walk into the dinning room.

                                                                                          MALIK                                                                                                                                             One of the best medical programs- 

Mayla and Sinqua are face to face for the first time. Mayla starts to day dream. Mayla and Sinqua are the only ones in the room. Sinqua walks up to her shirtless showing off his amazing physique.

                                                                                         SINQUA                                                                                                                                                   Hello my queen.

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                                   Chocolate delight.

Sinqua grabs Mayla and makes out with her. Back to reality. Mayla trips over a chair.

                                                                                         MOHAMMED                                                                                                                                                 Ladybug are you okay?

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                                        Huh? Oh yes! I'm fine. Hello I'm Mayla.

                                                                                        SINQUA                                                                                                                                                        Pleasure to meet you.

Mayla and Sinqua shake hands.

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                                       The pleasures all mine.

                                                                                         SINQUA                                                                                                                                                       This is my father Bilal Ode.

Bilal hugs Mayla is excitement.

                                                                                         BILAL                                                                                                                                                         You are beautiful just like your mother.

                                                                                         MAYLA                                                                                                                                                       Oh thank you.

Sinqua winks at Mayla she smiles.

                                                                                         KEEMA                                                                                                                                                       Breakfast is served.

They all sit at the table. They begin serving food.


                                                                                          SINQUA                                                                                                                                                I am honored beyond words for this opportunity.

                                                                                          MOHAMMED                                                                                                                    You are a excellent scholar son, we started this fund just for students like you.

                                                                                          SINQUA                                                                                                                                                   Thank you sir.

                                                                                          KEEMA                                                                                                                                   There is something I want to tell you children. Now you both know                                                                                                               I was adopted, well I found my birth family.

                                                                                          MALIK                                                                                                                                                   You did mama that's amazing.

                                                                                          MAYLA                                                                                                                                                    Yeah I can't wait to meet them.

                                                                                          KEEMA                                                                                                                                            Yes, Unfortunately my birth sister passed on, but I                                                                                                                             discovered that I have a a nephew.

                                                                                         SINQUA                                                                                                                                                  That is wonderful news, is he currently in Nigeria?                                                                                                                         Whats his name? I may know him. 

                                                                                         KEEMA                                                                                                                                                             Well his mothers name is Ako.

                                                                                         SINQUA                                                                                                                                                             That is my mothers name.

                                                                                         KEEMA                                                                                                                                   Yes! She was my sister which means the three of you are first cousins.

Keema gets emotional. Mayla starts to choke, Malik starts to crack up laughing, Sinqua is in shock. Keema pats Mayla on the back, Mayla drinks her water. Bilal is clapping in excitement.

                                                                                         BILAL                                                                                                                                        This is a wonderful blessing. My wife would be overjoyed beyond belief.

                                                                                          MALIK                                                                                                                                   Yes, yes it is welcome to the family cuz! Now I know what they mean by keep it all in the family.

Malik shakes Sinqua hands. Sinqua and Mayla look at each other. They smile and chuckle nervously.

© 2017 BesGoo


Author's Note

BesGoo
Meh I couldn't write in normal script writing format. I'm sure you can still read it clearly. Hope you lol and enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
Added on June 6, 2017
Last Updated on September 1, 2017
Tags: comedy, Nigerian, Nigeria, funny, women, African, love, short story, screenplay, script, short scene, female writer, black writer, African writer, Los Angeles writer, laugh, College, Humor

Author

BesGoo
BesGoo

Los Angeles, CA



About
What you Do Bes Goo!!! Hi everyone my name is Billi Sarafina (I go by both names) I am a Screenwriter who specializes, but not limited to the dramatic comedy genre. A Los Angeles native enjoys creatin.. more..

Writing
All of You All of You

A Screenplay by BesGoo