Mom and Cocaine

Mom and Cocaine

A Chapter by BessLouise

    The day as I recall was warm, not as warm as usual. The red dirt road seemed so dry as if it had turned to sand. The shade under the trampoline was refreshing. As a young girl raised in a below low income family with 3 kids and 2 adults with " habits".

   Momma always seemed to flow when she did anything. Walk, talk, sing, cook, you name it she was an angel while she was doing it. She always had a way of making every day fun with nothing more than the dirt of the ground and water out of the well. For a young girl with the love that filled my life, today was perfect.

 

   The water was cold from the hose that Shane was rinsing the mud off of me with. Momma was laughing at us in the background and the sun was just falling. Supper was being served.

I am not quite sure what we were having that night. I suppose that does not matter really.

Our bellies were soon full and we were on our way to bed. My eyes fell so heavily shut and the felling of sleep was all I needed to exsist.

 

  Screaming filled the air. The feeling of fear filled my gut and fingers wwrapped strategically through my hair and pressure fell  upon my head. I awoke sweaty, sore and thirsty. I took a minute or two before slowly opening my eyes. As soon as they opened I wished they were shut. My father was naked passed out in front of me blood covering the bed of the truck i was in. Suddenly all I could do was run. My nightgown was full of blood and was not much left of it. I crossed the red clay so fast it took a minute for the dust to disipate before the thought crossed my mind. I need help.



© 2011 BessLouise


Author's Note

BessLouise
More soon to come

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on June 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 13, 2011


Author

BessLouise
BessLouise

Breaux Bridge, LA



About
I am a young woman. I am above all else a mother. I started writing when my grandfather passed away. I had a teacher that I was very close to tell me to "write a letter" I am told my writing is positi.. more..

Writing
...Continued ...Continued

A Chapter by BessLouise