That night...

That night...

A Story by ZachGray

The nightlight flickered furiously against the darkness of my room. I was only three years old, but it felt like my life has been ages of torture from the demon figures that lurk throughout my mind through the shadows and paranoid thoughts any adolescent child would have. I have to pee, but I can't begin to ponder leaving the security of the sheets I lay beneath. A warm feeling expands across my lower body, and a rancid, damp smell overtakes my senses.

Grief filled me to the dark corners of my body, now I had to get up. I pushed myself from my bed and headed down the hall. Another nightlight illuminated my path, casting more haunting figures through the house. The hum of the house could be heard, giving me some confidence. A sharp, cold sensation touched my skin for a moment, but left me within seconds. Then, the hum that flowed in the air disappeared. The cold stuck me again, icier than before. A hum started to appear again, but it wasn’t like the soothing house humming. This humming was dark. Evil. Demonic.

A slight whisper touched my ears, causing me to stop where I was. Another voice filled my mind, and another, and another, until I was full of voices, all of them telling me commands, telling me dark tails, or telling me secrets of the world. My eyes shot toward a glowing figure ahead of me. When my focus shifted, I could see the ghostly, demonic thing. It had long, cracked claws, a human/dog-like figure with patches of fur and long teeth. Its eyes glowed red unlike the rest of its blue body. A low whimper escaped my throat. The creature found this amusing, because he snapped his jaws in a mocking way. Then he spoke in a raspy, oddly human voice “I’m...... starved.”

The creature lunged at me, digging its claws deep into my mind, and yet not harming my flesh. It drained my emotions and replaced them with dark visions of human sins and the putrid taste we left on the worlds’ tongue. Screams exploded from me, and I broke away, running toward my parents’ room. I flew onto my parents’ bed, begging for help from my mom. She sat up, afraid that I was harmed or someone had broke in. I looked back at the door way and saw the creature shift back into the shadows. 

When everything was settled, my mom told me to sleep it their room tonight. I crawled to the pillow, and when I rested my head, I fell. I fell for miles down and landed on hard pavement. My body was destroyed from the impact. Then I could see myself in another place. I was tied to a pole, and flames were crawling up to my feet, causing them to singe off. All through the night, I saw images of my death, and no mercy came with them.

I woke up thrashing around screaming the next morning. No one came to help me. Tears welled up because I saw I was back in my bed, and there was no pee. I knew now that I must’ve not even been awake last night. Yet, something was different now. I sat there on my bed for a few minutes, and heard something. And then I heard it again. The tears that had rested on my eyelids now flowed over. Whispers were still filled in my head, and the dark images were scarred in my mind.

© 2011 ZachGray


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 1, 2011

Author

ZachGray
ZachGray

WA



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ZachGray


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by ZachGray


John Daily John Daily

A Book by ZachGray