Dinner for Two

Dinner for Two

A Poem by William J. Marsh
"

Love poem

"

 

 

A fine bottle of wine not as sweet and luscious as the taste of your lips.

Your skin is softened for the touching and the tasting with tender sips.

A candle lit on the table is dimmed by the light from one look into your eyes.

Eloquent dinner paled by your body and mind as vast and beautiful as open skies.

Knowing that your love belongs to me is a dream never to get old.

Your worth is more than all of the riches that the world can ever hold.

A spoon, a fork, a knife, a napkin and a plate, the table is set.

A setting so fine, is it for dinner or love, you make the bet.

You give me purpose, passion and the will to be the man that I was made to be.

My gift to you is a love true and deeper than the depth of the deepest sea.

Until the end of the earth and of time

I will be yours and you will be mine.

This my friend is the way to dine.

 

 

 

 

© 2013 William J. Marsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a delicious dinner, where the hunger for love is stronger than the hunger for food...I like your style and expressions of intimate moments between two lovers. There is always a magic in love, so we don`t need a real "dinner", but to satisfy our senses and feel the beloved man/ woman. I specially liked this phrase :
A candle lit on the table is dimmed by the light from one look into your eyes.

-- nour --


Posted 10 Years Ago


Now this is my kind of restaurant! I'll take another helping of love, deeper than the deepest sea!

My best,
Kelly

Posted 10 Years Ago


Romance...does it truly exist in this era of existence, or is it just something mused upon by writers? :) I like the imagery in this one, and the feeling is unmistakably poignant in terms of love and a zest of life. There is no greater gift than true and undying love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A lovely romantic poem and loved the photo too...nicely penned with ink of passion...Rose:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
What a deliciously penned poem. The only way to dine in my opinion. A very romantic read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
William J. Marsh

10 Years Ago

Thank you my dearest Dye.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013
Tags: love, poem, poetry

Author

William J. Marsh
William J. Marsh

Nature Coast, FL



About
short stories for your enjoyment. I am always on a quest for adventure. So journey with me now to mysterious islands. Go behind the scenes of my movie years. Read about the ancient ones as we travel.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One Sky One Sky

A Poem by Jack...