View from my Hammock

View from my Hammock

A Poem by Steven Bilodeau

Far away, I see the sun light the horizon, and all I see is the pink streaked skies above miles of green field.  I start to wonder the reason, why we’re even here.  I feel so warm inside, and ponder some more and feel so small compared to the world.  The skies turn black slowly over time revealing stars that fill the dark canvas.  The image last forever, for infinity the skies don’t change in time like we do.  The stars last through the night till we wake up.  The trees sway through the breeze as do the leaves in the wind that takes my breath away.  I feel like I am a part of this picture as I sway too.  And soon enough I embrace what has been given to me, the chance for life and an uncertain ambiguous reason.  A life that will be answered once completed and my being is returned to the skies above.  In the ground the roots of trees grow through our bodies, growing taller in their season.  Just like the change is time, we wilt and fade, but reveal more beauty than we ever did in our primes.  I stand back and see peace and harmony.  Unity fulfills my soul, and can only feel a sense of belonging.  The light comes my way, and I can feel it’s warm and touch.  Tears fall from the unknown, and bring us life.  The rules that bind us now only show everyone who questions the majesty of its creation and awesome design.  And, in the end I just sit back and relax in my hammock sipping ice tea and viewing the far.  Far away, I see the sun light the horizon and the pink streaked skies above miles of green field.

© 2009 Steven Bilodeau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The grandeur of simplicity, The miracles of the mundane. I enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on September 28, 2009

Author

Steven Bilodeau
Steven Bilodeau

Stratford, CT



About
My name is Steven Bilodeau, I am 23 years old and I am attending college. I am going for a Bachelors in Science Majoring in Biology and Minoring in Creative Writing. I'm engaged to an amazing girl whi.. more..

Writing