Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

A Poem by Steven Bilodeau

Smoke filled dreams ended so so badly

So tragically I ignored, sweetly I adored.

Attracted to misery, I followed this path.

Loyal to its journey, ignorant of its aim.

 

I loved the feeling, weightless and uncaring.

A relentless habit, it came calling...

I never fought back, it wasn't my enemy.

Struggeled to live, now what's my aim, anyway?

 

The aim was to live, and I fucked that up.

The aim was to love, and I lost that a long time ago.

The aim was to be, and I dont give a s**t

All I care about is the feeling while I trip.

 

Everything came falling

so hard now,

everything went churnning

so fast now,

my walls keep falling

and I lost the bricks

there's nothing left now

just let me RIP

 

 

© 2009 Steven Bilodeau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really good. The poem speaks to me so much. Not because I have ever used (cuz I haven't), but because someone I love used to. Her decisions affected my life so much. If she didn't do what she did, my life would be completely different and I would be completely different. This poem brings back all those horrible memories of her coming home high. That's why I like this poem....because I feel like I can really connect it to my life!! I don't think I've ever been able to connect a poem to my life before, so KUDOS!! GREAT job!! LOVE the write!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You so well describe the feelings one has when addicted. Nothing matters more than getting to the substance that makes you feel good and sends everything else away. But the addicted cannot see that they are being robbed of everything and everyone that supports and cares for them in this life. They believe the lie of the substance, "I am giving you a great gift, see how much better the world looks with me. You need me to hold your world together." Yet it is tearing your world completely apart. Skilled writing on a very deep subject. You put it all into words that paint a vivid picture.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2009

Author

Steven Bilodeau
Steven Bilodeau

Stratford, CT



About
My name is Steven Bilodeau, I am 23 years old and I am attending college. I am going for a Bachelors in Science Majoring in Biology and Minoring in Creative Writing. I'm engaged to an amazing girl whi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..