Wildflower Chapter 3 (New)

Wildflower Chapter 3 (New)

A Chapter by Britiney Harper

Chapter 3

 

A month had gone by and Nicolas was pretty sure that things between him and Wildflower were progressing well. He learned quickly that everything he did freaked her out. So needless to say it made his life very difficult. She was quite the challenge and he had wanted a challenge. But he didn’t expect her to be so much of a challenge. At any given moment she was ready to bolt, so he came to her so she couldn’t run. Her family was more or less getting use to him being around. The younger brothers disliked him less than the older ones. Since he wasn’t above bribery he had a plan for that situation.

His strategy with Wildflower was to keep her aware of his presence. That way she knew he wasn’t going anywhere. At the same time he had to give her space to adjust to him being around. Then there was of course her friends and family that he had to work on. If all of that wasn’t complicated enough he had to also refrain from having sex with her. Pretty much the sex thing was the absolute worst of it, everything else he could deal with. He was a man with a plan and all he had to do was stick to it. Being careful was important so that was what he was doing.

The first week was probably the most difficult but also the most informative. While he was charming Marguerite and the aunts and Brooke and Christina he learned everything he needed to. They didn’t know it but he had plans for everyone in the family. In that first week he also learned that Wildflower found him too pushy and too attentive and too affectionate. Working around her issues was a whole other challenge on its own. She hated public displays of affection, but only with people outside of her family. And that was basically only him, but it wasn’t personal and he heard she was like this with any guy she was seeing. Not that she ever got serious about any guy, as he was also told.

To ease her worries he backed off as much as he could. The effect was the one he desires because he let her come to him. So that little problem was cured easily. Another thing that bothered her was him trying to get close to her family, which to anybody else made no sense. He understood that her family was all she had and he couldn’t force his way in. It was ok because he had already established that he wasn’t going anywhere and that he was making an effort. His next plans where the family was concerned was dealing with the older brothers. There was an idea for part of that but he also wanted to get them all together and try to hang out with them Nicolas wasn’t much fun, that was more his brother Jose.

Nicolas had been working late and now he was finally back at the hotel. His job plus his relationship was a lot of work. When he got up to his room he found that it wasn’t empty. It would have been nice to have Wildflower waiting in bed for him with nothing on, but it wasn’t her. She was at home right about now and he was supposed to call her. If it was Sugar then he would have been happy to see her. That meant she wasn’t out partying, drinking, having sex and/or doing drugs. Of course he knew what the girl was up to, everybody did. Fixing the situation was harder than anything else he ever did. But he would never give up on her, for now he had to leave her with her mother.

“Katrina, what brings you by? If you had called I might have come home sooner or not at all,” Nicolas said. His sister was perched on the couch all prim and proper and uppity-snobbish. A wine glass was in her hand and the bottle on the table, half empty. And people wondered why Sugar was such a problem child.

“You are slumming with Samantha’s godmother,” Katrina replied.

“Mind your own business Kat and worry about your own relationship,” he said.

“It took a lot to get the truth about this game you are playing from the girls and poor Tammy. I knew not to go to your assistant because of course she knows but she would never betray your trust. Tammy either really, I might not have been too nice to her. But your assistant has an assistant who isn’t quite so loyal to you. Might want to check that out,” his sister said.

“What do you want? I won’t deny a thing, I’m not ashamed,” he replied. Oh now he needed a drink so he went to get himself one. And he sent a quick text to Gloria to fire her assistant. He wasn’t going to tolerate any spies especially not ones working for his sister.

“Mother and Carmen both are clueless about your new pet, so it’s obvious that she is just a toy. That’s fine whatever, I hope you aren’t in that rundown nasty house screwing her you might catch something,” she paused making disgusted face. “At least once you are done with her my daughter can stop hanging around that house. Though lately she’s supposedly here with you a lot, or so she says. My daughter is a professional liar, we are considering reform school or military school for her.”

“She has been with me and I’m guessing your husband had this idea? Stop letting him think for you Kat, we both know it never works out when you do that,” he fired back. At first she stared at him then she turned away unable to look him in the eyes. He poured himself another drink and stayed across the room so that he didn’t choke her.

“Sugar needs help the pills and the psychiatrists and therapists are a waste of money. Nobody regrets what happened all those years ago with her more than I do. But you treat her like she’s you little princess and you aren’t helping. In fact I think you influence her too much she’s becoming unbearable. She doesn’t care about anything or anyone and one day she is going to get poor Samantha into trouble with her,” she said.

“Maybe if you can’t be bothered with her you should just give me custody,” he replied.

“No, she may be difficult but she is still my daughter and not yours. My husband and I will deal with her, you don’t have to worry,” she said. There was a look of satisfaction on her face that he was ready to smack off. Her refusal to let go of her daughter was a problem. It wasn’t out of love it was about appearances and she was holding on to the delusion that Sugar would just stop.

“Is there anything else you wanted Katrina?” He asked forcing himself to stay calm. Sometimes it was hard not to just strangle her, one day he feared he would do it.

“Mother will be home in a couple months and she really wants to see you settled and on the road to marriage. I know some potential women for you to meet and Penelope James has been asking about you. She would make a good wife and you’ve known her for years. Her family is good enough to be linked with ours. By the summer you have to get serious about life, Nicky. Just be careful with your toy, she will of course want to get pregnant so you can give her money. But you obviously wouldn’t marry her that would be ridiculous. Use protection; never trust that type of people. Don’t worry I didn’t tell Mother that you have a plaything, she gets enough of that from our dear brothers,” Katrina informed.

“Thank you for the advice,” Nicolas said.

“Not a problem, I was worried you would fight me on this. We all know you are a genius but you’ve never been good in the social and romantic areas. And it’s ok because you have me to look out for your best interest. I really think Penelope will be the best choice,” she said. Then she stood, thankfully ready to go but not before she really tested his temper. “Maybe once you are married and living back home and stable we can talk again about my daughter. Just think about it, otherwise I’m going to have to take into account that my husband can’t have her ruining things for him.”

“Good night Katrina,” he said and she waved on her way out.

Because he couldn’t prove that Katrina was an unfit mother he couldn’t do much for his niece. It was very clear that Katrina was useless but not every judge could be bribed. Of course he had a plan for getting his niece away from her mother, but it was taking longer than expected. He was mostly trying to do this one by the book and completely legal. Caprianis could generally buy anything and anyone, everybody had a price. In the end Katrina would seriously regret her bad parenting. Already she was missing a son; some people didn’t even know she had more than one child. Markus ran off years ago and locating him was harder than getting Katrina to be unselfish for 5 minutes.

What she said about Wildflower pissed him off but he held it in. The longer his sister believed that this was a fling the longer he had to keep his family out of his business. Once Katrina found out the truth she would not only do everything she could to break them up but she would tattle to mommy and daddy. His parents had been divorced since his 18th birthday, but their marriage was over long before that. They got along better divorced than married and would gang up on him in a heartbeat. Wildflower was already skittish, adding his family would ruin everything. Unfortunately Katrina was right about one thing, time was of the essences.

The clock was ticking and he didn’t have an unlimited amount of time. He was doing his best to keep the pace slow but his the days were passing too quickly. With that in mind he showered and went over his strategy again in his head. After his shower he ordered room service and decided to call Wildflower. His life was so damn empty, that was why he worked so much. Soon that would change and he had to put in the work to get what he wanted. Maybe his skills would have been better suited in the military but that life was too restricting. Instead he was here using his strategizing skills to get him family he wanted.

“I was thinking about you,” Wildflower said when she answered the phone.

“Good, cause I’m always thinking about you,” Nicolas replied.

Tick tock tick tock, it was time to step up it up and take her out of her comfort zone. Just the thought of not having her in his life was indescribable. It had been a short time but he knew he couldn’t live without her. There was no one else or no one better, just her. So he would do whatever it took to keep her. His family wasn’t going to ruin this for him. Ironic wasn’t it that he was trying to infiltrate her family and his would do anything to destroy them if given the chance. If his family became a problem he would have to work around them. Nothing and no one would stand in his way and if he had to eliminate problems then he would no matter what they were.

 

 

“Napa? Where is that exactly?” Wildflower asked, she was admittedly not the worldliest person. She had never been out of state or on a plane.

“Northern California,” Nicolas replied. “Its wine country and some people find it romantic out there.”

“I've never been on a plane,” she admitted it.

“Yeah I figured, but you will be with me so it’s ok. Besides my family owns a plane so it will just be us,” he said casually.

She was dating a guy that owned a mansion and a plane; sometimes he made it hard not to feel weird about their relationship. It had been over a month and it was still a huge adjustment. Currently she was laying across his bed at the hotel while he basically ignored her and worked on his computer. He wasn't kidding when he said he worked a lot and never stopped. He was often distracted even though they saw each other almost every day. But she wasn't so needy that she was going to complain that she didn't get enough attention. Now he was asking her to go away with him for a weekend to California. Normal girls probably would say yes right away but hadn't she already established the fact that she wasn't normal?

Besides he never stopped working, it was Saturday and here he was. What would be the point of going away if he was just going to ignore her? The simple answer was that there was no point. And she wasn't even sure she wanted to go. Did dating him mean she had to entertain his every whim? Already she had to adjust to him forcing his way into her life and family. Maybe it was a good thing but he was intense and overwhelming and a bit overzealous. Sometimes she felt a little suffocated, but maybe this was how normal relationships worked and she was just not use to it. Everybody thought she was so lucky and that he was so great and he was but 23 years of cynicism didn't go away over night or in 6 weeks as the case was.

“Ok, sorry you have my full attention,” he said turning to look at her. “So next weekend we can go, if you take off Friday we could leave in the morning. You stay the night on Thursday and we can come back Sunday. Gloria pretty much has it all arranged.”

“You planned it all out without asking if I actually want to go?” She asked just staring at him with his blank look.

“Bad idea? Am I being pushy again? I just thought it would be nice for us to get away, if you don't want to its fine. This is new for me too you know,” he said.

“I know, and it’s not that I don't want to spend a weekend with you. Clearly we've established that will just run of with you any time,” she said. Now she felt bad and he clearly did too. The truth was that she didn't want to fall any harder for him because she was afraid of how she would feel when this ended.

“No trip, I got it,” he nodded then picked up his phone. Sometimes it seemed like Gloria was his wife and not his assistant. Not that she had met her yet but her presence was known.

“Wait, don't cancel we can go but only if you don't work while we are gone,” she said.

“Are you sure? I don't want you to be unhappy,” he said.

“Or do you just lack the ability not to work?” She countered, his response was to laugh and join her on the bed.

“If you come away with me I promise no work, I won't even take my laptop,” he said. “You never let me get away with anything,” he shook his head.

“No, I can’t do that, sorry,” she said with a shrug.

“Having you to myself for 3 days will be nice,” he said. There was that look of lust in his eyes again.

               Not a day went by when he wasn’t all lusty for her. Yet they still weren’t having sex. So did that mean this trip was when it was finally going to happen? They didn’t really talk about it other than that one time. She spent the night with him more than once and still they weren’t doing anything. His attraction to her was obvious, but he still held back. The concept of spending so much time with a man without having sex was foreign to her. Because it was so different she let it go on because she was curious as to where it would lead in the end.

               “So I wanted to talk to you about something but I know you don’t like me interfering in your family,” he said. The mood was suddenly very different and she was worried what he might have to say.

               “Nick, I don’t mean to be territorial about my family it’s just the way I was raised. For a very long time it was just us and as you noticed we don’t let people in. But you are very assertive and I do appreciate the fact that you try so hard,” she said.

               “I know babe, I know,” he said. He was laying beside her obviously trying to choose his words carefully before proceeding. While he did that he was also absently tracing the bottom on her shorts with his fingers.

               “Just tell me,” she said pouting at him a little. Why did she suddenly start doing that? Sometimes she felt she must have been body snatched or something because she felt like a different person.

               “Ok, so apparently we need a new head of security at my building and I thought maybe your brother might like the job. This isn’t really me doing him a favor; I just wanted to make the offer. Its better money than he’s making now and he has a family to support. Really it’s up to you, if it’s no then we’ll hire somebody else,” he shrugged.

               In her family everybody relied on each other, it was always that. They didn’t generally get outside help with much of anything. When Ricky started his own landscaping business it was from within their family that he was able to make it happen. Isaiah worked for him for awhile but if they were together too much it would get violent. The trouble was that Isaiah was a bit of a hothead and a grouch and he wasn’t too nice or friendly, it just the way he was. Before Ariela nobody ever really saw him smile, she softened him a bit but not much. He wasn’t a bad person, he was just Isaiah and you learned to live with it. Knowing him and knowing her family she wasn’t sure how he would react to such an offer.

Everybody in the family worked for everything they had, it was always like that. So nobody, especially her older brothers, wanted what they would view as a “hand out”.  At the same time it was a great opportunity. Both of her oldest brothers had worked in security and Isaiah still did. He complained that he hated his job and didn’t like the people he worked for or with. But that was just Isaiah and those people probably felt the same about him. Was a new better job the solution to that? Maybe, but he wasn’t going to want a job from her rich boyfriend.

At this point it was mostly just Ivan, Isaiah and Jay that really didn’t want to be bothered with Nicolas. And since Van did whatever they did he was the same. The younger ones were intrigued by him and they were open to gifts and bribes. If she knew relationships could be so complicated she might not have gone down this road. Way back when she avoided relationships mostly because she was weary of getting close to anybody. She was already close and attached to Nicolas and he was very attached to her. Maybe this could be seen as a gesture of goodwill? Sometimes her predictable brothers predictably were unpredictable, if that even made sense.

“I’ll talk to him and maybe if he’s holding Ariela he will be nicer about it,” she said.

“Alright, I’ll give you the number and Gloria will set up an interview. He doesn’t even have to see me at all, she’ll handle it,” he said.

“Thank you for thinking of my brother,” she said.

“Not a problem, I just figure he might want to get out and get his own place for them,” he shrugged. “So anyway, what are we doing today?”

“Um explaining to me what we are going to do in Napa? You know I know nothing about wine, cheap beer maybe or cheap liquor but not wine,” she said. His life was all sophisticated and anybody she knew that even drank wine the wine came in a box not a bottle.

“Sounds like I should take you out for drinks,” he replied.

“Are you trying to get me liquored up so I’ll be easy and you can have your way with me?” She asked playfully and he laughed.

“Nah I don’t need liquor to make you easy for me, I know where you like to be touched.”

“Uh huh sure, so let’s go do some before you have to ignore me to work again,” she said.

“I’m sorry, I’m trying,” he said. Unfortunately his rang then and he shook his head.

“Go answer it,” she said trying not to sound as annoyed as she was.

“Five minutes and I promise to make it up to you,” he said. Then he got up to get his phone, so she didn’t bother to get up. This wasn’t going to take 5 minutes, it never did.

Instead of dwelling on it and getting upset she just got up from the bed. Wildflower was finding that she didn’t like being ignored. She grabbed her phone and his car keys and decided to see how long it would take him to notice she left. Going for a drive would clear her head and she liked driving his shiny SUV. Three days, she would have his undivided attention for three days or so she hoped. Now she had to figure out how to broach the topic of a job with her brother and explain to her family that she was going away for a few days. Being 23 meant nothing because her brothers would always be overprotective. But she wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

 

Wildflower was laying in her bed staring at the ceiling, she couldn't sleep she had too much on her mind. Earlier she had plans with Nicolas but Gloria called her to cancel last minute. Apparently he was very busy and in a meeting and couldn't bother to do it himself. It rubbed her the wrong way, but it wasn't just that. Three months they had been together and he worked his way into almost every aspect of her life. Her brothers disliked him less now and were use to him being around but he was probably never going to fit in with them. He was around a lot and he would take her to lunch when she worked. That trip to Napa had been nice, sexless but nice. Everything with him seemed so perfect and Isaiah even took the job he offered. There was still just a lot that didn't feel right though.

Nicolas asked her to live with him more than once but a few days ago he asked seriously. She told him she would think about it and she was. Hadn't she wanted to move out anyway? This weekend Ivan and Jay were finally moving into their new place. Ricky was already gone and Isaiah was already looking into moving. School was almost out for the summer, she had no excuses left to stall with. But was she supposed to move in with her billionaire boyfriend or her best friends? It was a hard decision to make and it was made twice as hard by how things were with him. Nicolas had to leave town on a business trip and would be gone a week, they hadn't been apart that long.

On one hand she knew she was in love with him and on the other she wanted to break up with him. If she was so important to him then why had he become a part of her life but he kept her from his? She hadn't even met Gloria in person yet, she knew no one in his life. No friends or the rest of his family. Of his family she knew Sugar, Sammie, Jordan, Jason and Katrina before she knew him. Maybe she was over-thinking it a little, but she wanted it to feel like the right thing for her. He wasn't making any promises and that was fine, he didn't have to. But she wasn't going to be his concubine living at the hotel while he went off to marry a rich girl.

There was no future for them and she knew it from the start. Stressed out didn't even cover how she was feeling. If she moved in with Nicolas there was a chance she would be alone 80% of the time. Being alone wasn't an option she liked having people around all the time. That she would have with Cody and Brooke. And he never said he loved her or anything like that, she wished he had. Right now she was sexual frustrated and confused and worst of all she was in love. Damn that stupid man for doing this to her.

What was she supposed to do now? Because she didn't quite feel bad enough her phone rang and it was him. A few days ago he sent everybody new cell phones saying that they were something one of his businesses was testing out. And he wanted just wanted to test them on real people. She was never quite clear on what he did at work or why he did it every second of everyday. It was supposed to be a pharmaceutical and research company, but they also had some type of technological company too. Which she only really knew because he mentioned it when he gave her a new laptop, that was his excuse. No matter how many times she told him not to buy her things he still did.

“Look out your window,” Nicolas said before she could say a word. She got up and went to her window; of course he was out there looking up at her.

“Why are you here? Its 1AM,” she replied.

“Come sleep with me tonight,” he said as if it were perfectly normal.  “I'm sorry about earlier, the last thing I wanted was to stay there trust me. This is me trying to make it up to you.”

               “I’ll be down in a minute,” she said and hung up.

               Sleep wasn’t coming to her here so maybe it would be easier in his bigger more comfortable bed. On the other side of her room her cousin Sarah was sleeping on the other bed. A few days ago Aunt Maria and her daughter Sarah and her four kids Jenny, Laura, Terry jr. and John, moved in temporarily. Aunt Maria had six kids two lived out of town, three lived in Mexico near their father’s family and just Sarah lived here in town. She lived with Sarah to help her with her kids since Sarah’s husband died two years ago. At the moment they were staying because some work had to be done at their house. It made things a tad bit more difficult but family was family and you never turned your back on your family. This wasn’t permanent and they were around a lot anyway.

What Wildflower didn’t understand was how her aunt could still be married and yet her husband lived in Mexico without her. But things never quite made sense in this family. Sometimes people just made no sense at all and trying to figure it out was a waste of time. She just did her best to quietly grab clothes for work and throw them in a bag so she could leave. And she scribbled a note and stuck it to the door so nobody would wonder where she was. Though of course it would be obvious since there was nowhere else she would be. The house was silent, something that was very rare. Sarah’s kids were all staying Ricky’s old room together. Once they were gone and Ivan and Jay were gone there would be a lot of moving between the bedrooms.

Outside despite everything that was on her mind she fell into Nicolas’ arms. And she welcomed his kiss. It was easier to think about things when she wasn’t with him. So why worry tonight? He was leaving on Saturday so she had plenty of time to think while he was gone. That was time enough to figure out what she wanted. She was no good at taking chances, considering her life you wouldn’t think so. On the drive over she started to get tired so they didn’t really talk.

They didn’t always need to talk; sometimes whatever was between them didn’t need words. That was why sex or no sex and family or no family she couldn’t stop seeing him. Even if it did take this long for her to let him so far into her life, she was helpless to stop feeling the way she did about him. All she could do was fall harder; at this point she had almost no self-preservation left. This was what he did to her, he drew her in and he wasn’t letting go. In the past she wasn’t much for thinking ahead about the future so maybe it wasn’t time to start. It was 3 months that felt like forever but maybe this was just what happened when you feel in love for the first time.

“I know you aren’t certain about moving in with me but you could at least stay with more,” Nicolas said. They were in bed all snuggled up together; it was just watch she needed to fall asleep so maybe he was right.

“There are things I have to do at home, you know that,” she replied.

“I just hate not having you with me at night. I don’t know I guess I’m being selfish, but I’ve fallen in love with you,” he said and all time seemed to have come to a screeching halt. She sat up staring at him, her mouth slightly hanging open. “What? You must have known, children aren’t always wrong,” he told her. Before she could fully process this or think of a way to respond he pulled her back to him and kissed her.

 

 

The morning came on too quickly as Wildflower stood in the shower trying to wake up. She couldn’t stop thinking of what Nicolas had said. Before she got a chance to say anything he had to take a phone call and by the time he’d finished she was asleep. When she woke up he was gone, she wasn’t sure where he went and was too tired to care much. Hopefully he had maybe arranged someway for her to get to work, otherwise she wasn’t sure she’d make it. For a few seconds she dozed off a little and when she came to, Nicolas was slipping in the shower with her.

“Baby, I’m so sorry about last night,” he said pulling her close against his body. “I wanted to make everything better, but I made it worse.”

Wildflower looked up into his eyes and she knew she probably would never stay mad at him. Especially not when his naked body was against hers; no that made her feel something else. He was busy and she couldn’t fault him for working, she knew a lot about hard work. Though she really didn’t feel like going to work today. With how tired she was there was a serious chance she would mix up her languages. But she had to go to work; she didn’t miss work if it wasn’t necessary. Well except that she took off to go to Napa, it was a very restful trip though. If only she could get on a plane and go away every weekend but that was an impractical dream.

 “A night away from home was just what I needed,” she said dismissively and he kissed her. Work and her exhaustion and everything else suddenly slipped away and seemed so much less important. His kiss was like magic, and this time it was more than just a kiss.

“Baby, I can’t wait any longer,” he purred in her ear.

“Then don’t, I can’t stand it anymore,” she replied.

“Are you sure? I just really wanted you to know I’m committed to you without sex being involved,” he said.

“Nick, if you don’t do me right now I will hurt you,” she said.

 “Yes ma’am,” he said with a chuckle. He lifted her up and had her against the wall as he drove himself into her body. And as she expected it really was worth the wait.

 

 

Friday morning Wildflower had a standing breakfast date with her friends at the diner where Christina worked. Today she was a little late. Who knew not having sex could be a good thing? From what Nicolas did to her body and from how he made her feel, it was a miracle she was here at all. What she wanted more than anything was to stay in bed with him all day. And oh how he tried to keep her there. When she arrived her friends were already seated, she did text that she was coming. That just too a little bit of time because well Nicolas was quite the lover.

“You had sex with him didn’t you?” Brooke said accusingly, both Christina and Cody looked at her.

“Oh look at how you are smiling,” Christina said.

“I think I’m in love,” she said simply and they all stared at her. “Last night he told me he that he’s in love with me.” It was true that she couldn’t stop smiling.

“Love or lust?” Cody asked in her Cody-like-suspicious-of-everybody type of a way. Brooke seemed to be about to explode, of course she had an opinion.

“How can it be lust if they just had sex?” Christina asked and Cody made a face.

“Exactly,” Brooke said, “So give us details, how was it?” Wildflower could feel her face growing warm at the thought of it. Many times they all talked about sex, but this time it seemed so different.

“Obviously it must have been like the best sex of her life, just look at her,” Christina said. They were all looking at her so expectantly and she just smiled.

“We’re going to be late,” she said avoiding answering.

“Ok even I’m curious,” Cody said finally giving up her hardcore critical stance.

“He is amazing,” she said in a whisper, “I was in the shower and he got in with me and finally it happened.”

Thinking about him made her feel all dreamy and giddy and stupid. She never felt this way after having sex with anybody. It was the feeling of complete sexual satisfaction and she loved it. Right now it felt like every other guy she was ever with didn’t get the job done well enough. After the show he took her to the bed for round two. Her hair was still wet and she did her best to look presentable for work. If she didn’t already think the man was dangerous she would now and everything she had been mulling over was pushed from her mind. Of course she finally got her lovin’ from him the day before he was living for a week.

 

 

I can’t stop thinking about you. She smiled when the message popped up on her computer but she was on the phone translating something so she couldn’t reply yet. I want to see you again…NOW. The next message said, and for a second she almost lost her concentration. Another one came up saying: You know I’m going away…you should come with me. Nicolas was very persistent and since she was already tired he was going to cause her to mix her languages. This was why she shouldn’t have had the instant messaging open on her computer. But thinking about him was the reason she did and because Brooke liked to chat with her across the room even though they could turn around and see each other.

daisyLove3: Some people are working you know.

NickCapriani: I am working… I’m trying to get you on that plane with me.

daisyLove3: You know I can’t.

NickCapriani: Work?

daisyLove3: That among other things…

NickCapriani: I can get you a new job.

daisyLove3: Doing what?

NickCapriani: You can work in my office.

daisyLove3:  Uh huh and what would I be doing?

NickCapriani: Me?

daisyLove3:  Lol… and what would the pay be like?

NickCapriani: I’ll buy you a plane

daisyLove3:  You are crazy.

NickCapriani: Crazy about you… why don’t you come visit me?

daisyLove3:  I’m working.

NickCapriani: So? Take a break…

daisyLove3:  I can’t.

NickCapriani: But I need to see you.

daisyLove3:  You are so needy.

NickCapriani: Yes, I know… so come over here.

daisyLove3:  No.

NickCapriani: Lunch?

daisyLove3:  Just the two of us?

NickCapriani: Yeah.

daisyLove3:  Fine.

NickCapriani: Good. Brooke wasn’t sure you’d agree.

daisyLove3:  You’re talking to Brooke?

NickCapriani: Oh…um…maybe.

daisyLove3:  I’m not surprised.

NickCapriani: She thinks you should move in with me.

daisyLove3:  She thinks she should move in with you too.

NickCapriani: I don’t think your brother would like that.

daisyLove3:  Nope.

NickCapriani: You could stay in my hotel room while I’m gone.

daisyLove3:  It would be weird without you.

NickCapriani: Take Brooke, Christina and Cody.

daisyLove3:  Maybe.

NickCapriani: Sugar and Sammie promised me that she’ll take care of you.

daisyLove3:  You’re leaving childen to care for me?

NickCapriani: I have to make sure you’re taken care of.

daisyLove3: You’ll only be gone for a week.

NickCapriani: Yeah… but to me it will seem like a lifetime.

daisyLove3:  Why is that?

NickCapriani: I’ll be surrounded by men…my father and brothers.

daisyLove3:  Aww my poor baby.

NickCapriani: Will you be at my room when I get back?

daisyLove3:  I guess I could do that.

NickCapriani: Good…at least I have something to look forward to.

daisyLove3:  Oh hold on… the phone. Spanish time. I can’t talk anymore.

NickCapriani: Fine…I’m sending a car for you.

NickCapriani: See you soon.

 

               Wildflower was a bit nervous going to see Nicolas at his office. She’d never actually been there before, even though now her brother worked here. It was a big building and she of course didn’t know her way around. Leave it to Mr. Details to beg her to come but not tell her where she was going. Because she knew exactly what was going to happen with him she sort of wanted to run. Yes, the building said Capriani on it meaning it belonged to his family but it was a building full of people. As soon as she stepped inside a woman waved at her. The woman in question had been leaning against the receptionist desk talking to the receptionist. Whoever she was she was stunning, she looked like a model and she apparently knew her.

               “There you are,” said the stranger coming over and pulling her towards the elevators. “You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to meet you, but he refused me. So I might have found some way to delay him from coming down to get you.”

               “Gloria, right?” Wildflower asked and she nodded with a big smile.

               “Yes, sorry, of course you have no idea what I look like. Nobody ever believes I’m a personal assistant but when you are good at what you do then you get paid a lot,” Gloria said. They went into the elevator and she pushed the button then turned back to her. “Some women might feel threatened that their man has a hot assistant but he’s practically my brother. He rescued me for my dull life in New York and brought me here. We went to college together and I was trying to do modeling on the side and working at the same time. So he gives me a choice to either follow him here or he would hook me up with his sister and I could model for her.”

               “You chose to be an assistant over being a model?” Wildflower asked because she didn’t have much of a choice.

               “No, but he forgave me anyway and I have been here ever since,” Gloria replied. She was quite the beauty tall with legs for miles and golden skin that seemed to glow and highlighted hair that obviously was done in an expensive salon. Apparently being an assistant paid very well and it was true she had her own assistant and as it seemed her own office. “And to repay him for basically bankrolling my life I am completely devoted to him. That night he met you I was so worried cause he disappeared on me but he come in the next day smiling like I’ve never seen. So I already love you, he’s been so happy with you.”

               “Think so?” Wildflower asked as she was lead to his door. The door read: Nicolas Capriani, President.

               “Honey, I’ve seen him through the worst of times and the best but I’ve never seen him in love. But I will say that sometimes he might not know how to show it or if he should say so. Caprianis aren’t known for being warm or easy with emotions, just give him time. And he can be overassertive and think he’s everything about everything when he doesn’t and you should never be afraid to call him on it. Anyway, go on in and don’t worry you won’t be disturbed.”

               With a wink and a wave Gloria went into her office so Wildflower went and opened the door to Nicolas’. Surprise he was on the phone behind a big expensive looking desk. Everything he owned was like better than the best of the best. There was a whole wall of big windows behind his desk. A bookcase was in one corner, two big chairs sat across from the desk and in the corner were plush couches and there was a TV built into the wall and one that came down from the ceiling. This wasn’t like any office she ever saw. While he was finishing up his call she looked around to find that he had his own bathroom complete with a shower. It was like ever since she met him she was in some kind of luxury filled Oz. The yellow brick road was made of gold bars and she wasn’t sure where it ended.

               “I’m going to kill Gloria,” Nicolas said when he was off the phone.

               “She’s nice,” Wildflower replied and about have a second later she could feel his body against hers. “And she’s so pretty.”

               “Yes she is but I don’t want her, I want you,” he said. His lips were against her ear and his hand was undoing her pants. “I don’t have many real friends; she was a friend I admired that she worked hard. A lot of people work hard but never get the chance to advance so I gave that to her. If you think something happened between her and I you are wrong, she takes care of me. Makes sure I stay alive and on task, I’m not the best organizer. Anyway she’s been wanting to meet you.”

               “Yeah that’s what she said,” Wildflower nodded. While he was speaking he was also undressing her and he was really good at multitasking.

               “So do you have to go back to work?” He asked and pulled her over to the couch.

               “Yes I do, you invited me for lunch didn’t you?” She asked even though she was completely letting him undress her and she was helping him to undress.

               “I’ll buy you dinner later,” he said absently unbuttoning her shirt. “God, you are so beautiful. He kissed her then and that was it, she wasn’t going to turn him down. They waited long enough and it had been a long time since she really did anything wild. If this was Oz then he was quite the wizard and he worked magic on her.

 

“You had a girl in here?” Delanoz asked when he came charging into Nicolas’ office some time after Wildflower left. “I heard she’s hot,” he went on as he took a seat in a chair across from Nicolas. “Heard she was pretty young too,” he waited for his response.

“She’s 23, not that young,” he said finally taking his eyes away from the computer. There was some real estate he purchased recently and everything was being finalized.

“Kitty Kat said she is concerned with about your new friend,” Delanoz said casually. Of course she went to him to see if he had any relevant details because she was afraid of what was to come.

“Katrina needs to mind her own business and pay more attention to her children,” he replied turning his attention back to the computer.

“True, the way Kat described your girl I was almost worried she was Sonya and Marli’s age,” he said still watching him. Since Nicolas wasn’t very secretive this was interesting for his brother. “So when do I get to meet her?” At that Nicolas looked back up from his computer again and laughed.

“I don’t want her anywhere near you,” he replied. “Katrina only knows her because of the girls, by girls I do mean your daughter Samantha you neglect and Katrina’s daughter she also neglects.”

“This girl isn’t just some chick you are playing with, you never have playmates. Kat thinks you are going to ruin your life and reputation because of this girl. You are the good brother and the one without ex-wives and kids, one of the most eligible bachelors in the world. Women would kill to marry you and who do anything for you. And here you are letting Kat thing you are just playing when you are in love with this girl. Damn, never thought I would see the day when the devil fell in love,” Delanoz laughed but was clearly in shock. “What are you going to do with her? You do realize it’s already May, right?”

“What I’m doing with her is my business. Why do you even care?” Nicolas asked, his family was not close at all so his brother’s interest in his life wasn’t based in genuine interest it was entertainment.

“Little brother you know I care about you and your once non-existent love life. Nicky, at least tell me her name.”

“Her name is Wildflower; she works as a translator. She’s one of 12 kids in her family and she’s a triplet, but her sister Daisy died a few years ago. Uh she lives in a crappy house with like 17 other people and values her family above all else. And she’s your daughter’s godmother,” Nicolas said and Delanoz stared at him.

“Really? Maybe I’ve seen her then but I never really pay attention to Angel’s friends,” Delanoz said thoughtfully.

“Here I’ll help you out,” Nicolas said turning around one of the framed photos on his desk. It was from the weekend that first weekend they spent with the girls. So it was her with both of them, since it was right on his desk he was surprised nobody ever noticed it before. Then again the fact that nobody did probably involved Gloria protecting her identity because she knew his family too well.

               “Good job Nicky, she is sexy, does she have any sisters?” Delanoz said putting the picture looking impressed, Nicolas glared at him.

               “You’re a little late her older sister is married and she was once a triplet but her sister died. They were almost identical, other than that she has 9 brothers.”

               “Nine brothers? And none of them killed you yet?”

               “Her twin he would like to but the oldest one rules the house and she’s his favorite. Her family is complicated and she’s very close to them and they don’t like letting people into their inner circle. Three months it took for a mild tolerance of me but I have a plan and you will keep your mouth shut,” Nicolas said. It was a good thing his brother caught him in a good mood.

               The last thing he wanted to do was leave tomorrow but he had no choice in it. His father was the boss and he’d been running things the last few years. However he didn’t own the company, no majority shareholder was someone else. Unfortunately before the day was over they had a board meeting to go to. Otherwise he would have been picking Wildflower up from work and taking her back to bed. Admitting anything to this particular brother wasn’t wise but Delanoz would keep quiet because he was amused. And mostly it was because Nicolas would cut out his tongue if he said a word. Because it had been so long Katrina was panicking because she was thinking that he was getting into a serious relationship. Little did she know it was serious from the moment he laid eyes on Wildflower.

Time was quickly running out and he couldn’t afford for anything to go wrong right now. He had a month left until the walls closed in and he had a lot to do still. But he was up for the task and he had faith that everything was going to work out the way he wanted. This trip was at the most inconvenient time and to the most inconvenient place. New York was where his other sister lived and she would love to get into his business just as much as his other siblings. Jose would be in later tonight and would be asking questions tomorrow. Until now Nicolas had no love life so it was to be expected that his family would be curious. But he intentionally kept her away from his family, they would ruin everything. Her family was all lovey and close but his was different and it wasn’t even that they weren’t close just judgmental. And couldn’t afford for them to drive a wedge between them, not now when he finally got somewhere with her.

               “You think this girl is right for our family?” Delanoz asked in a serious tone that he wasn’t expecting.

               “She is better than this family,” he replied.

               “Mother will not be happy,” Delanoz pointed out.

               “Since when do you care if she approves of anything?”

               “Oh I don’t but you are the good boy and the only hope our parents have at a moderately normal son. You’ve always done what you were told and what you are supposed to and you are supposed to marry a rich purebred. I would be the one to marry someone to piss them off, never you. As reckless and useless and pointless as I am I’m not stupid and you should think about it. Consider this me being a good big brother for once.”

               “That is hilarious, but forgive me for not laughing, I don’t feel like it. This isn’t a game and I care if they like it or not. If I want to marry someone it will be someone I love and it will be her,” Nicolas told his brother.

               “Love? Is it love Nicky if you are using your prodigal genius skills to trap this girl into marrying you? Sweet little thing like her, she looks like she has morals and values. I’m all for a good time and doing whatever the hell I want but if you want to rebel this isn’t the way to do it. Fire the old man that is rebellion marrying some girl and wrecking her life that isn’t you,” Delanoz said.

               “I love her, I’m not trapping her, I just need things to move faster. I don’t have to explain myself to you or anyone else. If anyone needs advice on how to neglect children and knock up women then your advice will be needed,” Nicolas replied.

               “Low, little brother, that was low but alright you know I love a good scandal. You’re gonna do what you want no matter what anybody thinks. Just hope this girl is ready for hell to rain down over her life and the lives of her family members,” Delanoz shook his head. “Do you really love this girl?”

               “Yes,” Nicolas said and it was the first time he really admitted that.

               “Well this will at least be entertaining, I wonder who’s head will explode first Rosa, Kat or the old man?” Delanoz said looking both thoughtful and amused.

               Unfortunately his brother had valid points but it didn’t really matter. Nothing could make him go back now, Wildflower was his. And his family would just have to deal with it. Nicolas always had a plan; his brother just didn’t know that. Delanoz had some nerve trying to lecture him but this was what would happen. His family held him to ridiculously high standards and expected way too damn much of him. This wasn’t rebellion, no it was much worse, he was in love. That was something new for him and maybe he was overdoing it or maybe he wasn’t.

Why did they get to be judge jury and executioner? It was his life and he was going to be the one to choose who he married; he let them choose everything else. She was the one thing that he truly wanted and he would do anything to keep her. They would either get over it or stay the hell out of his way. The longer he could keep her away from them the better, but time was running out.



© 2012 Britiney Harper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing