Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Biometal Omega

Introduction: Peace and War




        Once in a thousand years, there is a great cataclysm, an upheaval of proportions only uttered in stories seemingly meant to scare children into dreamless sleep, their validity lost to the ages, seemingly little more than a figment of someone's imagination. These are not tremors, nor a great churning of the Earth's atmosphere, but a clash of wills. One will wishes to enslave the entirety of the small globe it calls home, burning it to ash, and slow lowering it into the pits of fire that certain races are born from, adding the powers and blood of the other races to their own through pillaging and war so they may reign eternal. The others are those who wish to safeguard the balance, or merely the safety of their race, or their, mostly considered lesser brethren, the humans, the least resilient in battle, yet most able to cope with sickness and injury of any race. The two sides always come together, and normally the darkness is pushed back by the last rays of light so that all may once again prosper, but twice, and only twice, there was one, The Great One, a force that none had seen or heard of before, an invasion of will and strength that thwarted many a warrior, and nearly achieved the eradication of all that is considered life, for that was his mission. The Seers of the Sprite Confederation saw him as an impenetrable demon, who's heart was made of the darkest and most foul substance, while his skin remained even harder, having shed his previous forms many times in an attempt to evolve, to finally exact what he felt was the Earth's rightful destiny, and take it for his own. Only one could oppose him, a warrior of equal standing, or so the prophesies said, the Sprite's last Seer's final breaths going into its cryptic words. The demon was routed, and forgotten, for he had no name, but he was destined to return, The Great One, The Supreme Overlord, able to crush a Dragon beneath his heel, and best even the greatest Sprite armies...




For where the is peace, there is also war.

The Pendulum will always swing the other way.



© 2018 Biometal Omega


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on August 13, 2018
Last Updated on August 13, 2018


Author

Biometal Omega
Biometal Omega

Ashland, VA



About
I am a Christian, and proud of it... but hopefully not too much. I enjoy mega man, Pokemon, star trek, and stargate mainly, with a touch of anime on the side. My favorite bands are Dire Straits an.. more..

Writing