Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Lettie
"

I've been shot at enough in my life time to know that swallowing a s**t load of pills would be better than a metal ninja star in the head.

"
If you could only have one superpower what would you choose?
People ask that question all the time, but nobody actually has a logical answer, well nobody I ask anyways. Nobody actually bothers to think the question through. No one gives a little time to go over their choices, or review their answer. Nope, instead they pick the first thing that pops into their head. Like flying.

You would be surprised at the amount of people who answer flying, which makes me wonder why?

Sure, it sounds cool and everything, but when you stop and think about it, flying is so f*****g dangerous, you might as well dig your own grave. First you have to figure out how to do it, because these things-- these gifts, as they are called-- don't come with a handy-dandy guide book. No, it's your own task to try and not kill yourself with what you got, and with flying that is easier said than done. Just trying to start would probably leave you falling from fifty feet in the air or crashing into some brick building, leaving you dead and badly injured.

And then you have the paranoia when wondering if anyone saw you, because you know what would happen then. 

The names would start to call. Fear and hate would rise. You would be made a freak. An abomination . A target. Your friends wouldn't except you. Your parents would pretend to, but on the inside they are saying what everyone else is saying. 

Each and every power I've gone through, ends with the same result. Death by power. Death by enemy. Or death by own hand. Surprising enough, I am cross my fingers that my own end doesn't involve one of those options, but if I had to choose, I would defiantly be killing myself. I've been shot at enough in my life time to know that swallowing a s**t load of pills would be better than a metal ninja star in the head.

And the question still stands: If you could have any superpower what you choose?

Go ahead and answer the unlogical choice of flying. Or invisibility. Or what ever else makes your f*****g boat float, because the funny thing is, you don't get a choice. You do't get to say yes or no, or do whatever the hell you want. 

Trust me. I know.


© 2011 Lettie


Author's Note

Lettie
I've been planning on writing this for about a year now and I even started a couple drafts. I don't know if I like this start. Hmm, we'll see where this goes.

Yes this is short, I know. It's a prologue and the chapters will be longer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm very intrigued. Very good begging; I can't wait to read more

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 23, 2011


Author

Lettie
Lettie

Wonderland, WI



About
"Nobody important". Blimey, that's amazing. D'you know, in 900 years of time and space I've never met anyone who wasn't important before.;; I'm a girl to start out with, fifteen years young, but do.. more..

Writing
Ashes, Ashes Ashes, Ashes

A Book by Lettie