Pigeons

Pigeons

A Chapter by Bjorn Swendsen

   I thought it was a publicity stunt, or a prank of some kind. Even the bomb scenario came back to me. Because if what I was looking at was an actual spaceship, why did it look so much like a spaceship?
   It was big, the size of city hall, and tall, cylindric with a pointy top and big legs buried deep in the ground. The green beam surrounded it but you could tell the ship was infact black. big military trucks and more police cars than I've ever seen surrounded it. I couldn't tell what was happening below it because of the distance, but there were people everywhere. Not just in the park, but as far as you could see. And a strange sound similiar to a big fire reached us over the mumbling and shouting crowd.

   Even though it was mid day the lights emanating from the ship, the beam and the flashing sirens made everything look like some kind of consert. Not to mention the constant flashes from various cameras and phone cameras. The thing I remember most from that view though, wasn't the the lights or the smoke or even the ship.

   It was the pigeons. They were literary being loopy, flying in vertical circles independent from each other. Never stopping. It didn't look like they were injured or going crazy though, more like the opposite. But seriously, what the hell do I know about pigeons.
   Peter turned to me with an exctatic facial expression. 

   "Ben. Ben!"

   Oh that's right, I'm Ben.

   "Did you hear? they fired a missile at the ship before it landed. And nothing happened, they didn't care!"

   I slowly started to feel a little sick. Not because of what Peter had said. But because, well you get it.

   "How do you know they didn't care?"

   Now they both looked at me like they should've from the start, like I've just woken up.

   "Well..." Peter noticed my slippers and interrupted himself with a laughter. I wanted to know.

   "Well what!? What's going on really? they're..." I pointed, or waved more or less.

   "Yes." They answered in unison. Hank continued.

   "And we're not dead. Ergo, they don't care."

   Ergo. Who the the hells uses ergo in a sentence? Hank, appare


© 2013 Bjorn Swendsen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on June 16, 2013
Last Updated on June 16, 2013