The Escape

The Escape

A Chapter by Black Snow

                            Chapter 1:The Escape

 

     Florila's black hair,fell in front of her blue eyes.She was a skinny child.She was only thirteen,but worked as hard as a grown man.Miss.Rox would whip her if she didn't work at least that hard.The war between England,and The New World raged on.Her and the other kids had to make bullets for the soldiers.Her hands were getting scratched from molding the bullets with her pocket knife.It was a hard life at the orphanage...

    Meanwhile,down the hall in the kitchen,fifteen year old Gregories brown hair was soaking wet from washing the dishes.His green eyes stung from working so late at night.He could her the footsteps of Miss.Rox,coming to see how he was doing.He wished he could see Florila,and Riley.Florila's prescence always cheered him up,and the little boys funny actions always made him laugh.Oh,how he longed to always be with them...

     Finnaly,little six year old Riley was scrubbing the floor.His blonde hair,covered in sweat,his brown eyes,wide and scared.He just wanted a family.Not this misrable life...He just came to the Orphanage last year,after his family died in a fire.His new family,was Florila,and Gregory.He loved them both,very much,and wanted them all to be free...

      They all were about to embark on an epic adventure.One of survival,and friendship,they were gonna be,On The Run.

 

       Later that night,Florila,Gregory,and Riley layed down on thier beds.They were hard,and uncomfortable.Florila sighed,"I hate it here!I just want to commit bloody murder!"Gregory looked up from his pillow,"We both know you do.But,it can't be that way.We have to work until were adopted."He told her.

       "But,what if we get seperated!I don't wanna have to say goodbye to you guys!"Riley yelled.Gregory,and Florila looked at him.All of a sudden,Gregory's eyes lit up,"I have an idea.I have a key to the kitchen downstairs.If we sneaked past the guards,and made it into the kitchen,we could escape through the back door!"Florila had a thoughtful look on her face,"This just might work..."

 

        They snuck out into the hallway.Riley opened his mouth to say something,but Florila clasped a hand over it.There shoes made clacking sounds against the tiled floor.Up ahead they heard someone...

         "Are you sure you saw them escape?"They heard the unmistakeable voice of Miss.Rox.

         "Yes.I am sure."They heard a deep male voice say.Quickly,Gregory pulled Florila and Riley around the corner,and down the hall towards the kitchen.They faced the kitchen door,and quickly,Gregory inserted the key.They ran in,and went straight to the back door.Florila stopped for a second,"We should grab food.We could end up getting hungry."So they grabbed some loafs of bread,milk and water,some butter,and finnaly,they took all the vegetables.They wrapped it all up in some cloth,and ran out into the streets of England.The Mid-August air whipped against thier faces.There shoes made clopping sounds against the stone street.All was silent,and calm.They quickly headed down an alley to rest.

 

                                     That Was,The Escape.

 

  

       



© 2010 Black Snow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really captivating. Maintained my interest throughout. Cant wait to read the next installment.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! That's really good. I can't wait for the next chapter to be published. Now, I have a quick question- are they in England, or the New World?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 4, 2010