Chapter 1 - Meeting -

Chapter 1 - Meeting -

A Chapter by Black Star Adept
"

Dr. Hubert and his younger assistant have their first meeting with the unpredictable girl named Annabelle.

"

Chapter 1

-Meeting-


          Scratching his chin, Dr. Hubert looks at the little girl in chains behind the thick glass. His mind, seems to have gone blank when he heard even more horrible testimonies about the yet so seemingly innocent child. "So, why do you think she is this way?", says a male roughly 10 years younger than the Doctor rubbing his long black hair. Dr. Hubert does not respond. The young assistant turns away and takes a peak at the little girl. Silence takes over the small sound proof room again.


          The little girl, named Annabelle, was brought to the Psychiatric Center for Special Conditions in Switzerland after she murdered a doctor who diagnosed her with DID (Multiple Personality Disorder). Nobody knows where the little girl is from, and no records can be found about her identity. She was found almost dead in Germany when a mission of the secret service was interrupted.  In the mission to destroy a drug dealing chain, the special forces that were involved found the hideout to be completely empty. As they progressed the mission, they would find bodies mutilated to the point that only DNA could identify the individuals. At the end of their search, they found a little girl with long blond hair spotted with blood sitting next to a body, splashing her toes in the red substance. She appeared to be pleased and followed the special forces willingly to the hospital. In the reports, she was telling a fairy tale about a rabbit and a turtle with excitement and sparkling eyes. As soon as they brought her to the hospital, they noticed that her different identities, gave her strength's not possible for her body group.


          Before Dr. Hubert went to see the little girl, the organization he worked for showed him the footage of the hospital murder. In it, the little girl, who so quietly laid on the operating table, suddenly jumps up and grabs one of the operating materials from the tray. She flawlessly slashes the two main arteries in the neck of the female doctor with the scalpel in one swipe, causing a short delay of blood gushing from the females body. After being rained upon from blood, the little girl with a neutral face, starts to sing a song. 'My daddy hates me, my daddy loves me, do not come close to me, or my daddy will kill me', she sang twirling in the blood of the doctor.


         With these images still in mind, Dr. Hubert takes a deep breath and swallows the air to his stomach. "I have seen those images", said the young assistant still looking through the glass, "quite amazing, we might have a great opportunity in front of us". The Doctor turns to his assistant slowly scratching his full brown grayish beard on his collar. His bright blue eyes are dimmed and seem to have no target in sight. "John", he slowly speaks with a rough scratching voice ,"I understand the remarkable ability she has, what frightens me, is what we might find out". Still looking straight ahead, John sniffs, rubbing his long black hair again. He clears his throat and turns to the Doctor, "I too am scared, what if she kills us?". He turns to the doctor with pleading eyes. A rough sound comes from Dr. Hubert, as if he were trying to laugh. Looking at his assistant, who was about 5' 8" and well build for his youngish age, he realizes that it did not change the atmosphere they are in. "Well,", says the doctor with a damp voice turning to the door, "the only way to find out what is wrong with her is to examine her". John, slowly turns from the glass to the slowly moving doctor, shifting his long black hair to the side clearing his throat. "I guess so... we are not paid to stand around now are we?", he says fast to make it sound like a joke, yet the attempt also fails. Still standing still not able to move, John sees how the doctor leaves the room letting the door shut behind him. 'I-I do not want to die' was the last thing John thought to himself as he also opens the silver heavy door, leaving the only safe place to them, from the unpredictable little girl.


***************

The White Doves



Sitting in a bright green forest alone,

I saw two white doves flying to me,

None of which I have known,


They flew down next to the tree,

My, this is a sign! The God's need something!

Wouldn't you agree?


Though, do they know the secret key?

Remember, white doves are the ones we love,

though only if they have a degree!


***************


          John was speechless, the girl talks! "What does she mean if we have a key?," he says with an excited voice to the doctor who took a step back from the girl chained to the ground. "John, I would be careful", he starts to rub his dark brown beard again as the doctor thinks out loud,"She is looking for a certain answer, if we say something wrong, it could unleash something in her". Hearing this John took a step back looking now wide eyed at the little girl. She is about 12 years old with long dark blond hair that reaches to her ankles. The white dress they gave her reaches to her knees, which was now quite dirty on the ends. The assistant looks at her trying to receive eye contact. "I wonder if the chains hurt her wrists, it seems quite mean to do this to a little girl", looking at the Doctor he realizes the stupidity of the comment and adds, "well, so we do not anger her more!". Dr. Hubert looks amazed at his assistant, "You feel pity for this creature? It will tear you apart! Sure it looks like a girl, though it seems that this thing," he points to the girl laying on the floor with chains on both hands and ankles, "does not care about the humankind!". Angry the Doctor takes deep breaths looking around the small room. There is no light shining through, no real fresh air and everything that could bring damage to Annabelle or the doctors has been removed. Only the bolts that have been melted into the steel walls could be seen as a possible threat. Looking at the chains, which have been created as a single unit, are 3 times stronger than steel, yet light enough to lift and walk around the room. Even if she decides to use the chains as a weapon, they have an electric current that will knock her unconscious instantly.


          Feeling now more secure after realizing that the casualty would be minimal, Dr. Hubert turns to his assistant. "Ok, let's give her an answer!". Surprised by the words of the Doctor, he gasps, and then gets closer to the girl. Clearing his voice, he slowly starts to speak. "Annabelle, who are you?".

 

          It was too sudden, before the Doctor could even say that John's answer was wrong, Annabelle looks up from the ground. Her body that was laying on the floor resting suddenly, within an instant, was standing and looking straight ahead. She put her hands together forming a triangle glaring through it. With a deep voice coming from her stomach she moan, "I am Mr. Shadows, and you do not have access!". She falls to the ground, landing on her butt and hands making her hair fly all over the place. Dr. Hubert and John do not move, they just stare at the little girl, waiting for something to happen. A sudden chill fills both the doctors and his assistants body. Silence. She looks up, slowly moving her hair to the side and gives a friendly smile. "Who are you?", she says so soft that both of them startled. She cutely tilts her head and asks another question,"Is Daddy around?". Dr. Hubert turns around and walks out the door, leaving his assistent behind. "I cannot do this, I cannot do this...", he repeats as he leaves the room. As the door shuts, both Annabelle and John look at each other. She again moves her long strains of hair to the side and smiles.



© 2014 Black Star Adept


Author's Note

Black Star Adept
If there are any good suggestions, please let me know! I love to rewrite, so if you feel that the flow of the story is not well suited, please give a comment. Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! Very creepy, but I love! It's easy to follow while still being sufficiently fast paced, and I've really enjoyed reading it!

You could really have a whole lot of fun with this, I'm looking forward to reading the other chapters. I was certain poor John would meet his end when Annabelle stood, but I think what actually happened was more interesting, so kudos!


Not entirely sure what else I can say other than I can't wait to read the next chapter so I'm gonna go do that now!!

100/100!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Thank you! It does seem too fast for some people (I guess I will work out a balance, keeping it fast.. read more



Reviews

Black Star, A good start to what maybe is a fair book. I think you need to look at the second paragraph you seem to be telling the reader Annabelle's history, I think this would be better if it was dilivered as speech/dialogue from the assistant or who ever. Also I would suggest you break up the speech were you can into new sentences when someone speaks new, I think it would look better. There is always a lot can be done with multibale personality disorder it can allow the writer to create good characters. Good luck with it.
Will


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I will certainly make it more clear when characters are talking to each other o.. read more
Wow! Very creepy, but I love! It's easy to follow while still being sufficiently fast paced, and I've really enjoyed reading it!

You could really have a whole lot of fun with this, I'm looking forward to reading the other chapters. I was certain poor John would meet his end when Annabelle stood, but I think what actually happened was more interesting, so kudos!


Not entirely sure what else I can say other than I can't wait to read the next chapter so I'm gonna go do that now!!

100/100!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Thank you! It does seem too fast for some people (I guess I will work out a balance, keeping it fast.. read more
This is a very interesting story! I wonder if there are going to be any chapters from the points-of-view of the various Annabelles. It will be interesting of any of the Annabelles realize the horrible things other Annabelles have done, or experience the confusion that comes with realizing the body the identity inhabits did the crime but the identity cannot remember. Lots of potential fun!


Comments:
1. In the part where you put " DID (Multiple Personality Disorder)", I suggest putting "Dissociative Identity Disorder" and then explaining how it's basically multiple personalities. I know what DID is from psych class, but I'm not sure if other readers will necessarily understand- or they might be bothered by the technicality of "multiple personality disorder" not matching the abbreviation.

There's also a few spelling and grammar errors, but nothing a reread won't fix [=

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the comment. I really appreciate you reading this chapter!!
I will cha.. read more
When I started reading I couldn't stop! Great write, I can't wait to read more. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I will try to make it better throughout the series, I haven't written in a long time. Gla.. read more
I find the story remarkable. In the world of soul you strike me as a bottomless pit of wonderment. You tend to hurry the story along. I want you to be more settled. I want you to be more descriptive with your characters. Slow your mind, stop racing to the finish. I find you amazingly creative. Keep up the fine work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Wow thank you for the so very kind compliment!
I honestly have never thought about too much c.. read more
Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Also, since the story is so large, I guess I started to rush to the finish... I will indeed slow dow.. read more
Alfred Kukitz

9 Years Ago

You are welcomed!
This is really great. I feel you conveyed everything that needed to be conveyed. Although thrown straight into the storyline, it captures your attention immediately and keeps you reading. There are a lot of unanswered questions which is great as it makes the reader want to know more. The only suggestion that i would make (and I am a novice) is to perhaps to try and start more sentences with descriptive words so that it automatically paints a picture.

A really great job. I don't read too many stories on this site, but this one i enjoyed xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Black Star Adept

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I really appreciate you reading this chapter. I did really try to keep the reader glued t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014
Tags: Horror, Chapter, Book, Annabelle, Mr Shadows, Thriller, Mirror, World, Wonderful


Author

Black Star Adept
Black Star Adept

About
I am a bilingual student who currently lives in the USA. German is my mother language, and English is my second language. Main studies on the side are Occult, New Age, Religions and anything else that.. more..

Writing