Unsure of the Goal

Unsure of the Goal

A Chapter by Laura Lynn
"

NEID-ENVY. NEIGEN-BEND. NEIN-NO. NELKE-CARNATIONCLOVE NENNEN-NAMECALL. NERZ-MINK. NETT-NICE.

"
Natalie had overcome her battle with sweets by sweating.
Every day, she thought she might reward herself as her new mother suggested.
If she only listened to herself, and not interpreting others' comments in the extreme,
Dramatic results might be seen.
Every morning she felt afraid that her son would not eat the breakfast.
Niccolo loved various things at various times.
Very often, he said he would eat one thing but would only take a couple of bites.
You want this?  His mother, Natalie, asked in the store.
Nico would often try to please his mother, but she was overly worried.
Every now in then, she would allow herself to eat whatever it was she prepared for her son
Instead, and then did not buy it again.  She desperately wanted to loose weight.
Give us a better interpretation of what the older generation is telling us....
Eat with me here.  Wait to eat with me. Dawn said to Tom.
Natalie's upbringing told her to reexamine her spiritual beliefs.
Beliefs are interesting.  We believe in what we do and want to be fair.
Every evening she had to cut her time in half.  If she wanted to visit her aunts,' she
Needed to earn money and spend at least three hours reading and writing.
Damn. Tom thought.  He was totally screwed. 
Now that the parents had a child and were not married,
Everything seemed hopeless to the mother.
If she was like other mothers, surely they would compare.
No one seemed as great as Tom-
No one seemed as cool and collected.
Once she thought she might be able to attend a different church. 
No one seemed to notice her enter the sanctuary. 
Evelyn didn't know what to do.  She didn't know what she thought important.
Luckily she had read some proverbs and a handful of faithful ideas.
Karen, can you just follow your heart to figure out what needs to be different.
Evelyn walks down the pier.
Chrisy sees an egret on the other side of the pond.
At some point she knew she needed to approach this differently.
Rarely had she felt so alive.  She was often confused.
Now she was so angry.  There was nothing she could do differently.
All she wanted to do was push herself, believing she could devote the time to God.
The aunts pretended that she was not a good person.
If they thought they were better, perhaps they would act differently or better.
Of course, he aunt just wanted her to leave.
Now her mother said she was tired.
Chrisy could not talk to her anymore because she belonged to a different religion.
Lost to the green hills, Evelyn thought she might
Overcome her sadness by dreaming of beautiful sites.
Vast landscapes would not solve any problems.
Even hiking was just hiking.  She could not ask personal questions.
Now she was so much older and there was no one there for her.
Every now and then she thought there might be someone out there for her.
Now he thought maybe there was someone from his past who was better for him.
Now he remembered what the woman said and that she did not love him as she claimed.
Evelyn did love him, but he didn't believe it.  It was a protection for her as well, to find quiet.
No one could tell her to be less creative, but more control was needed in the sheer superfluity of
Needles.  There would be seconds of course for everyone.  But the two old ladies did not need to buy food.
At all costs, they needed a better economy.  Why did they ask for something that couldn't be done?
Maybe all she needed to do was write a book in her own way.  If
Evelyn was
Confused about her own beliefs,
All she needed to do is figure out if the chapter had anything excellent or praiseworthy about it.
Lucy knew she needed to use the time effectively.  It was too late to date.
Lucy wanted to live with a man.  She had come so far.  It was much more difficult to have children.
No one understood that two birds of a feather were two donkeys, because donkeys are not birds.
Evelyn tried to combat nonsense with actual occurrences.  She believed vengeance was for the LORD.
Rare books were of great value.
Zoos were important but more important than what?
Maybe she was unprepared for what she thought at one point was an accomplishment.
If Evelyn cruised down the highway with Mo, she would have been banished from her father's house.
Now she would devote her life to the state.  She did not belong to anyone did she?
Can you find your grandmother's mink. She liked monks, not necessarily minks or Nerf balls,
Nerves, not a nurse when she was nursing she only wore the mink to an opera, but
Evelyn did not actually wear the fur.   Those were rodents that they could wear, but it was weird.
Then, Natalie did not think it was weird, actually, she thought it quite clever as clover.
Then, a helicopter could be heard overhead.  The pilots were late for a very important date.
Natalie showed Evelyn the net, and she knew that nets were nice.
If she could only keep in better shape.  She could at least sleep better on a measured
Caloric intake.
Evelyn did not listen to the girl who had broken into the home.  Her son would not grow up to be evil.


© 2015 Laura Lynn


Author's Note

Laura Lynn
NEID-ENVY. NEIGEN-BEND. NEIN-NO. NELKE-CARNATIONCLOVE NENNEN-NAMECALL. NERZ-MINK. NETT-NICE.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on November 28, 2015
Last Updated on November 28, 2015


Author

Laura Lynn
Laura Lynn

Fairfax, VA



About
I like writing. I don't know what else to say. This has been a great website to share works in progress, some which I have abandoned some which I loose to myself and enjoy writing most of all. It'.. more..

Writing
Arrival Arrival

A Poem by Laura Lynn