Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Blackwood91

My name is Nicolas Avery, and I fell in love.
I know, not so dramatic or shocking of an opening, pretty standard really. But that pretty much covers the basics. The way in which I fell in love is probably what will interest you. See, I grew up in a small town in Montana. Not even in the town, but far outside of it, away from anything and anyone that might be of interest. My parents worked from home, well to do, but preferring only the company of eachother over that of others, making me an unwilling hermit of sorts.
I was homeschooled, obviously, and completed my studies when I was only sixteen. I grew up on the internet, talking to people from places so much more interesting than my home and living my life through them. I knew Zane from England, head chef at an upper-class restaurant in England. Derek, a plastic surgeon in Miami. Sarah, a personal trainer in New York City.
Enough about that, though. What you're interested in, the reason you picked up this book, is Grace Morgan. Yeah, the star of L.A.P.D. She's the core of this book, really, not me. Her and her friend Natasha Reynolds. I'm just a placeholder, a storyteller.
So, as I said, what will interest you is the way in which I fell in love with Grace. How did a country boy meet a television star? Pretty simple, really. 
I closed my eyes.


© 2011 Blackwood91


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You give a reader a lot to focus on in the prologue. Introduction to Nicolas Avery and the lonely life he perceives and wants to escape through his imagination. The characters in which he has meet with on the internet and the real focus of a woman. Several clerical errors in grammar, but all in all a solid read. Thanks for sharing…

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great start! Maybe, to add to the suspense/intrigue, you want to say 'How did a country boy fall in love with a television star?' instead of how he met one. Especially since many people meet television stars, or get their autographs or something, but not many people fall in love with them. (The mutual love, not the 'omg I love her she's so talented' kind of love. Unless it's not mutual.)

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting start!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 27, 2011


Author

Blackwood91
Blackwood91

Austin, TX



About
I have been writing books since I could read, fascinated with the ability to create and live in my own worlds. Since I was very little I wrote short stories, mostly horror and comedy, based off of thi.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Blackwood91


Divinity Divinity

A Book by Blackwood91


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Blackwood91