Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Bleak_Darkness


Chapter 1

It was never meant to be this way. Life was supposed to be good. It was good. Wait, let me correct that. It was great. And it should have remained that way. But look at where we are now. My family ripped apart. My friends almost nonexistent. And this house, this manor, this pathetic excuse for a living space, for a place I'm supposed to call home. Dark, creepy, torn down, decrepit. Those words don't even begin to describe 327 Dark Manor. New words need to be invented just to describe the place. Who knew that a house could do so much damage to a person? To his livelihood? To his family? To everything that mattered to him? But that is exactly what 327 Dark Manor did.

Why did I even start off my story like that? You must be clueless as to what is going on. Why is this guy blabbering about a place called 327 Dark Manor without any form of introduction to himself, his family, his life and the events that took place at the Manor? I'm sorry. Let's wipe the slate clean and let me begin from the beginning.

My name is Bryson Brown. I'm 19 (and not looking forward to turning 20 because it will mean that I'm no longer a teenager and old. Hitting the big 20 means growing up, more responsibilities and all that adult nonsense. Blah blah blah.) As though I don't have enough of that going around, with Mum always telling me to be mature, responsible and a good role model to my little sister, Tamra, who's only 7. Yeah, there is a big age gap between Tamra and I, but we are still really close. We are as thick as thieves. Don't get me wrong, I hate being the "responsible older brother"that I'm supposed to be, but I love Tamra to the moon and back and I would not let anything bad happen to her. And then there's Mum, who's working odd jobs just to support us kids. Mum works as a lunch lady in my high school cafeteria in the day (Yipee, imagine the crap I get from my friends... And from her when I misbehave at school) and as a cleaner at some snooty uptown office in the later part of the day. You can imagine her exhaustion everyday, what with balancing the two jobs and taking care of us. What about my Dad you ask? Well, that's a hard one to talk about, but here it goes anyway. Dad was in the National Guard and was barely home. Why do I keep saying was? Because Dad died in service. I don't really like discussing the details, but he was on some overseas mission and was shot in battle. I'll spare you all the sniffly details such as the funeral as an example. So there you have it. It's just me, Tamra and Mum now. The three of us Browns. And I am the man of the house because Dad is no longer around. Or at least that is what Mum says I have to be. I'm still young! I'm not a man yet! I still want to do stupid young people things! But it seemed that the moment we saw Dad's cold body with a hole in his head, I had to change from skinny jeans to business pants.

There you have it. Now that we've gotten all the introduction and details down, I can properly start off my story about 327 Dark Manor.

 


© Copyright 2016 Sufi J. All rights reserved.








© 2016 Bleak_Darkness


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this intro. The descriptions are lively and give me a taste of how Bryson is like. Good job! It got me hooked!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Awesome intro. Not too flat, so it hooks the reader. Also very clear, and doesn't confuse, which is often a problem in story intros.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to read this and posting a review about it!
And so begins the apparently unsettling tale of your dark manor.
Now that readers know who's involved, we are curious--and a bit apprehensive--to discover what happens to them.
Excellent intro, Bleak!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jimmy! I really appreciate you taking the time to review this! Continue to look out as mor.. read more
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A very good introduction. You create characters, some story line and open the door to interesting tale. Thank you for sharing the excellent introduction.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Coyote! I really appreciate you taking the time to read this! I would be su.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I enjoyed your work and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Bleak_Darkness
Bleak_Darkness

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore



About
I have always aspired to be a writer. Unfortunately, where I'm at, it's not very easy to make it a full time career, especially at my age. I am hoping to live my dreams through all my online writings... more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bleak_Darkness



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya