Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Mrs.Lovett
"

Still working on this but I wanna get it out there and see what everyone things. This is the updated version of the old one =)

"

Prologue

Great, the dreams had started up again. She hadn't had them for a while now, since she had moved with her brother, Jason, to uptown New York. It was relatively quiet in their small townhouse. That is, until the dream invaded her once quiet mind of sleep. Now, she was in a filled ball room where people wore masks and even with them off, they were too drunk to tell each other apart, or were too high on the energy radiating in the room to notice.  Each way she looked, she saw elegant ball gowns and tuxedos to go with the occasion. She walked around watching as everyone danced and talked. Every so often, she’d turn around to see if she saw him. She didn't know why or who she was looking for, but she had to find him. She did this several more times, until she turned around and he stood there. He had blond hair down to his shoulders, which went well with his dark blue-grey eyes. They were easy to get lost in, like a cool cyclone, pulling you in for more.He gave a small smile, which made her heart stop for a few seconds, before going back to beating fast. He took her hand and kissed it, though his eyes never left hers.


“Nikki, wake up.”


Nikki groaned and woke up to the voice of her brother coming through the door. She sat up in her bed and ruffled her dark brown hair. She hated when the dreams disturbed her sleep. It was like a bear in a bear trap. The paw is caught with no way out. You’d think a girl would like a dream like this, a handsome blonde strolls up to you and dances all night with you. But for Nikki it was different. This pleasant, wondrous dream doesn't end the same way. Sometimes it resolves in a dead end, having her wake up at points like this and never seeing what comes next. Other times it’s a horror scene, the party goers strung across the floor like dominoes knocked down. The guy wasn't the cause, she knew that much. He was one on the ones that ended up on the floor, yet still alive.

 

That’s not the only dream that rustles her feathers. Once and a while she ends up in a dreamy nursery with a baby girl in a white oak crib in the corner, a well-dressed woman standing over it singing a lullaby in a language she couldn't understand. All she could see was that the woman was obviously the mother to the child. She wore a light blue dress, almost as light as the soft mist cast across a field on a cool spring morning. Her hair was a silvery color, almost like silk flowing in the wind. This woman felt familiar to her , but every time so got even the slightest bit closer to figuring out who she was or what she was there for, the dream blacks out and she’s back in her calm, dimmed lit room and off to a normal day. She hated having to repeat everything over and over, like a machine. The good dreams were her only escape from reality, and even then she needed to hide. 



© 2013 Mrs.Lovett


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013


Author

Mrs.Lovett
Mrs.Lovett

Friendsville, MD



About
Welcome | Forward this Picture ~~~~~~~~~~ I'm a down to earth girl who can sing,draw and write how I feel. I'm not affraid to write down what I think on paper and on Word. I love to express my self .. more..

Writing