Haunting

Haunting

A Story by Kerri
"

The futile fight still haunts me all the same.

"

I didn’t believe it at first. It didn’t hit me until she said, “Her, of all people. She was such a good girl. She didn’t deserve what happened.

 

“She must’ve fought.”

 

That’s when it hit me. She must have fought so hard for her life. I keep seeing her big brown eyes, wide with fear, her long, chocolate hair falling over one shoulder with the force of her movements. Long, slender arms outstretched in front of her, fighting off a huge, monstrous shadow, the muscles in her forearms taut against her skin. The bones in her hands and knuckles pressing through the thin layer of skin on her tan hand as she fought off her killer in the darkness of the early, chilly winter morning.

 

I don’t know details. I don’t know under what circumstances this came to be. I don’t know why her, of all people.

 

But the futile fight for her nineteen years and two months of life still haunts me all the same.

© 2010 Kerri


Author's Note

Kerri
This was written the day I found out one of my best friends passed away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 16, 2010

Author

Kerri
Kerri

RI



About
I've been writing for about eight years now and prefer creative writing over anything else, pretty much. I have also taken college-level classes for writing in general. I started out writing fan-ficti.. more..

Writing
Three Three

A Story by Kerri


Fragile Fragile

A Story by Kerri


Dreams Dreams

A Story by Kerri