JOVIAL JOY

JOVIAL JOY

A Poem by Bonnie Paige

     A simple pleasure entered my life.  It's beginning required no effort - no one worried - no one cared.
My simple pleasure nurtured by time, grew.
     A Jovial Joy, of playful humor - creating a lightness in my serious heart.

     Living in an existence of bitter disapproving stares, I felt the weight of those who held me down.  I saw the smiles that covered faces, masking complete contempt.  I am, the odds who robs thy will be done by nature.  I am, the marcher who's drum no one wants to hear.  I am, their thorn, who will not disappear.

     My simple pleasure is a soldier, who wears the uniform of thousands, but is never in step with their march.
A robber of thy will be done by nature, descending from Peter Pan.
     His drummer once played upon my drums.  A pounding, that defied the rules of all the games.
I am...worn down from the long battle my drummer has played.  I Stand aside! 
                                                              BUT,

Youth is his guide, the road he travels is brand new.  The walls of rules are set in place from thousands of years ago.
     I have been warned...to only watch.
So travel on my simple pleasure, my greatest love, to the end of your road.  Where I pray, they will not defeat you.
     Enter the world of misunderstandings.  I have but one wish, that you become... 
 
                                                            VICTORIOUS. 

© 2015 Bonnie Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The question is? In today's world grow up quick or remain in Peter Pan status?

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015