It's A Mid-life Crisis

It's A Mid-life Crisis

A Poem by Bonnie Paige

It's A Mid-life Crisis

You've given all,
your babies are flying free!
Work, home or family needs success has been your goal.

But…when missing those tender touches of loving moments appeared. Your world began to stumble…down that midlife slippery slope.

You've given all you could.
Your babies are flying free
You want that loving touch but settled for riches only busy can bring.
In the middle of your life her eyes flickered with love. That kind of feeling you once had time for and now have been awakened to.

It's a mid-life crisis. Time creating two paths…one is old and one is new.
Love…is strong, it makes you feel alive.
Accustomed…it makes you comfortable and safe.
Remember it's only a mid-life crisis. It may only last a day, a month or maybe for another lifetime.

© 2023 Bonnie Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Touching words, a tale, a truth - set in understanding words yet. hurtful in reading for me, and you - undoubtedly feeling. Can only admire the courage inferred at the finish, the rest more a reminder of what happens only too easily in life.. Hugs. Bravo.

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

When the children have flown the nest, your job done and it’s just the two of you left. That’s the time the cracks can appear. That!s the time some hard work needs to be put in. Change can be difficult, but it can also be very rewarding. Relatable poem.

Chris

Posted 6 Months Ago


Bonnie Paige

6 Months Ago

I've been single for over 30 years. I set out to write a completely different poem and came up with .. read more
Chris Shaw

6 Months Ago

You are welcome Bonnie. Poetry is so subjective.
Emmajoygreen
This is a poem that I set out to write about coming across men and women marriages that are broken yet not over. I don't know how it turned into a poem about cheating. First time I set out to write one type of poem and it turned into something else. My brain must have been on a different planet.
But thanks for the review.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Touching words, a tale, a truth - set in understanding words yet. hurtful in reading for me, and you - undoubtedly feeling. Can only admire the courage inferred at the finish, the rest more a reminder of what happens only too easily in life.. Hugs. Bravo.

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2023
Last Updated on September 2, 2023
Tags: #Marriage #divorce #thinkbeforey