WALK WITH ME AMOUNG THE POETRY

WALK WITH ME AMOUNG THE POETRY

A Poem by Bonnie Paige

Walking among the literary competitors, beautiful covers full of luster-letters printed so bold
-while pictures cry, "Read my words!"
Yesterday's readers are not yet a vanishing era.  Today a writer's work exhibits within an artist's gallery.  Anticipating hope from a devout reader.  A lasting audience of retinue.
Not so for the poetry corner.  Move slowly into this fading, struggling world and pause awhile.
The greatest are not alluring, words lay pale on each new cover...unknown by so many.  Moving, less and less, the spirit or the heart.
Dark and dingy stand the shelves that hold the mighty and the great, whose words once road the peaks and waves
of many a great generation.
             The few who linger, generation to generation cry out for a stronger pulse.
Force life into the poetry corner; break free from the manacles of today's literary masters.
             A newer generation begin your cries for a stronger voice.
The space from which each book resides must announce its presence...LOUDER!
 Reach forth from those dusty forgotten havens, so that hearts once again can appear alive with spirit.
Once more, let the past and future regain its mortality.
Awaken the beauty of that which so many have known before, no matter the course it steers.  Open their covers and explore their pages.  Build a garden path to listen.  Hear the sweet callings of the words in the...
                                                                POETRY CORNER 

© 2015 Bonnie Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is indeed a walk to cherish. Well said, dear poet.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015