Seraphim~  Chapter 1

Seraphim~ Chapter 1

A Chapter by Bonryu

Trees swaying left and right, vision blured. Bonryu and his friend Rioden find themselves in the middle of a feroucious storm while doing a job for the town alchemist.

"My hair is wet, my robes are wet, my scrolls.. Gyaa!.." Rioden ranted, Trying to keep his hair out of his eyes. They have been in the forest for over five hours before the rain started to pourDaylight was slowly fading into darkness.

"Quit cry'in, we only need two more fire lilys. Now keep looking." Bonryu said. The forest was dense and dreary even though they played in this forest many times when they were younger, it always felt unexplored.

"Theres one right there in the tree, Rioden give me a boost ill cut it down." Bonryu asked. Rioden kneeled down and lifted Bonryu up on his shoulders. Bonryu used one of his swords to cut the lily at the root. Before Bonryu could secure the lily in a fire proof pouch, Rioden slipped on a mud patch below him Bonryu fell to the ground face first into the mud.

"Ow Ow Ow! Hot Hot Hot!" Bonryu yelled running around in pain as the fire lily fell down his tunic. "Help Help Help! He yelled. Rioden lifted his hand and casted a spell, covering Bonryu in a mound of snow. He emerged from the mound of snow with a irritated look on his face.

"Weres the lily!?" Rioden asked. Bonryu pulled the lily out of his tunic and the once fire red lily was now cool mint blue.

"Damn it, its no good now." Bonryu said tossing the lily over his shoulder. They only collected three lilys in about six hours they were exausted.

" I say we head back to the alchemist and tell him this was all we could find. " Rioden suggested.

"Yeah, im about to pass out." Bonryu said as he dug his sword out of the wet matted down snow. They headed back to the town.

The harsh rain now simmered down to a slight drizzle, Bonryu and Rioden reach the town gate.

Bonryu and Rioden walked down the bustling streets of Mizuharou, children were playing and adults were socializing. Bonryu and Rioden walked up to the alchemist's house and knocked on the door.

"Yes Yes come on in lads." said the Alchemists. The alchemist was a burly man with a red beard. Reaching his hand into his off- white vest and pulling out round glasses.

"Here are the fire lillies sir." said Rioden. The alchemist looked into the fire pouch with dismay.

"There are three fire lillies here.. were are the rest?" The alchemist asked raising his long furry brow.

"Well um...we din't really look for the rest.. we decided to call it quits. It was taking forever. Bonryu explained.

"Well no matter.... partial work equals partial payment.." The alchemist said, as he opened up a pouch of gold. He gave each of them three gold each.

"Okay now please leave I have very important work to do." he said shoving them out the door.

"Hmm that could have gone better. We are no were close to the tuition needed for Seraphim." Rioden stated as they walked back down to the street.

"We just have to find more work." Bonryu added.

"Well back to the job postings board." Rioden said with a saden tone. They started walking to the town square to look for more work on the bullitin board

"O Man, we only have fourty six gold and the tuition is five hundred gold. What are we going to do, exibition sign up is next week! Rioden ranted while grabbing his head.

"Well if you would stop buying thoes damn mana bars then maybe we would be a little closer! Besides we dont even have a third person we need at least three people in our battle group for the exibition." Bonryu explained crossing his arms. Rioden tried to say somthing but there was scream of a women in the air.

"Sounds like it came from the inn, lets go check it out." Bonryu yelled. So they both ran to the inn to see what the scream was all about. They went through the inn front door, and saw a man with no face throwing dark balls of energy at the innkeeper. Bonryu unsheathed both his swords and Rioden began to cast Silence on the faceless man. The faceless man is unable to cast. Rioden then supplied Bonryu's blades with an frost attribute. Unable to cast and out numbered the faceless man began to back up and grabbed a metal pipe off the ground and turned it in to a metal sword.

"Pfft Alchemist.. I hate alchemists.." Bonryu said as he lunged at the faceless man, but was stopped half way because a wooden arm formed out of the wooden floor and grabbed him by the leg. Bonryu's body turned into feathers.

"Stupid alchemist! Your so predictable" Bonryu yelled as he appeared over the faceless mans head.

Aura Blade! Bonryu's sword glowed a very bright blue. He slashes at the man. Wounded the man manages to block the initial attack but the aura from Bonryu's sword still manages to connect gashing the man down the chest. Blood sprays from the mans chest as he falls to his knees and smacks the floor with a thud. 

The innkeeper was still crying in the corner with a frightened and confused look on her face. "What was that thing... it tried to kill me!" She cried. Bonryu walked up to the bloody corpse and poked at it with is sword. "Im not sure, maybe some kind of alien?" he said. The local knight guild finally managed to arrive at the scene. The captain walked up to bonryu and asked him,

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Bonryu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 7, 2009
Last Updated on July 2, 2012


Author

Bonryu
Bonryu

Cincinnati , OH



About
Im a gamer, writer and a college student, I attend the University of Cincinnati. My major is information technology I mostly write fantasy novels but I also write fiction and a bit of poetry every n.. more..

Writing
Seraphim~  Seraphim~

A Book by Bonryu