Proulouge

Proulouge

A Chapter by Book-Goggles

 

Prologue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sprinted down the dark alley, hoping I was alone. The water splashed up under my feet. I reached the end too soon. I clung to the rough wall, sliding down to my knees. It would start and second.

            I covered my ears, rocking back and forth.

            The flashes started only seconds later.

            My hands went from protecting my ears to clawing them.

            The voice came next.

            Run. It demanded.

            I stood up and began to run.

            Out of control.

            Fire, It demanded next.

            I searched the dumpsters until my hand purchased around a box of matches. I struck a match, throwing the glowing stick into the dumpster. I caught fire, and I ran to my next victim.

            Faster! It hissed.

            I pushed my legs faster without warning. I skidded to a halt in front of the hospital.

            Fire, It demanded again. I struck the next one. If I had ever learned one thing, it was that fire spread. No matter how small.

            I threw myself threw the door of the hospital. An old man sat there, his frail hands clutching a boquet of flowers. On the other side of the room sat a little girl, sobbing for her mother.

            My heart throbbed.

            No! The voice hissed in my head. The voice leaked through my brain. I threw on match, two, three, four.

            I sprinted from the hospital with amazing speed.

            Back down the alley. I dropped to my knees as the flashes started again.

            And then, It was gone.

            I crawled, sobbing, to peer my head out from the alley, looking at the disasted I had created. No, it hadn’t been Fox Skeffington that did that. It did that.

            I put my head in hands, my sobs growing louder. I knew I needed to get away from the hospital, erase and suspicioun it had been me… no… It.

            But for now, I cried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




© 2010 Book-Goggles


Author's Note

Book-Goggles
This is a really short prologue, I know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on March 18, 2010
Last Updated on March 18, 2010


Author

Book-Goggles
Book-Goggles

LA, CA



About
I've been writing ever since I was little, all of them senseless novels that were never finished. I currently write alot of short stories and I'm in the process of writing my (235 [so far] paged) nov.. more..

Writing
Balloons Balloons

A Chapter by Book-Goggles