The heist

The heist

A Story by Boxcat
"

Trying to write something a little different

"
Yes.

Yes to all of these accusations. I do not attempt to cover up the mess I have created. I have done everything wrong, I know. I stand here in humble apology, because now, I have nothing to hide. I hope to show everyone that people are no different, that people make mistakes, and that people are not always guilty. But I am. I am guilty of everything you see here. But at least allow me to explain.

About a year ago, this all started. I started two jobs. The first, a policeman. This job gave me status. The Second, a thief. These two things seem contradictory, but really, they complement each other. As a thief you know what the police are doing, and as a policeman, you know what the police are doing. Lets say that you are working with some other men on a job. You divert the police by sending everyone off to get your partners, and then you take all of the money and run. The plan is foolproof. Or at least it was foolproof.

To explain how I got in this mess, I must explain the plans for what was to happen. This was the most complicated plans yet. It was going to be a Saturday night, everyone at the police force is always exhausted then. I would invite them to a bar. Everyone would drink a little to much, and then I would move to step two. I would now update all of my allies that the police were at a rich bar, that would be easy to raid. We could eliminate the police force, take their weapons, and have a night full of fun robbing common businesses near there. Then, in all of this mess, I would go to the main bank and take it over. Doing it all by myself would be a breeze. I would simply walk in their with he machine guns we keep lock up in the police station and enter, showing no mercy except for one man. I would have him set up a fake ID fir me. Then, I would dispose of him. This plan had a lot of variables, but I was ready. I could do it.

But I have not yet given my motivation. As a common antagonist, I always have an intent behind my actions and will explain them to you. We all have an intent behind our actions. I am not evil for wanting something, but the way I achieved it was evil. I am not alone in this world; my actions have consequences. I do not want to think about all of the people I hurt. But there is one that I did hurt that I want to acknowledge. My sister. I am sorry, Caroline. I did all of this for you. I saw you stuck in this awful relationship with no way out, and I wanted to help you. I thought that if I could get you money you could escape from this awful situation. I did all of this for you. I am sorry.


Your Honor, give me a little more time, I still need to explain the full story.

Here is when things get ugly. Everything was going well. The police were at the bar and we were right outside when I saw my sister. Caroline was there, waiting at the bar for her husband to be finished. What was I going to do? I couldn’t have one of my workers kill her. I couldn’t risk her death. She is why I work so hard. She is my life, my joy, and my love. I would do anything to protect her, and I could never live with myself if she died. Part of me wishes that things didn’t send the way it did, but my sister’s safety was the most important thing right now. Not money. Not fame. Not hope for a happy future. Just Caroline.

So I did what I had to. I took out my gun and shot everyone outside. As they were screaming and fighting, I wanted to feel bad. I wanted to feel guilty and ashamed, but knowing this kept my sister safe made me feel nothing but happiness. She was safe. Once everyone was taken care of, I hid them in garbage near the bar. It was a mess, and I was covered in blood by the time it was over. I tried to clean myself up, but my shirt and pants were stained. Anyone who saw me would known I had killed someone. It was too late to turn back now. Not that I would. I had come this far. I needed to finish the job set before me.

When I stepped into the bar, there was all eyes on me. I saw all of my men who I worked with at the police station at the bar by themselves. They sat there gaping at me, completely stunned. They saw their friend covered in blood and holding a gun. They stood up and drew theirs. I saw my sister near the back exit. She was the picture of innocent beauty. Her husband was passed out alone at a table, with countless empty beer bottles around him. I guess it was better for him to be like this for all of us. I stand there motionless, just looking out at the nightmare I created. I feel a pain, hear a bang. I look down, and see blood streaming out of my leg. I pass out.

That brings us here, Your Honor. I hope this clears up everything and gives enough information for you to convict me. There is one thing though, that I need to clarify. I do not have a sister. I simply used her to explain why I killed my men, which, to tell you the truth, I did not kill. I am not an idiot, Your Honor. This place is surrounded with about fifty men with guns. Put your hands up.

© 2018 Boxcat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on December 4, 2018
Last Updated on December 4, 2018