Wonderland Highschool

Wonderland Highschool

A Story by Boxcat
"

Hey, this is the first story I wrote. I decided to put all of my stories in one place here, so yeah. Thanks for clicking on it to read it!

"
Part 1:

Friends lie. That is what was taught to me movies and book I have read, but it never occurred to me that it could happen to me. Before what I will call “the accident,” Mad was my best friend. You were my best friend. Now, lines are drawn and what must happen is clear: You must die.

Before the accident, Matthew Thorne was my one friend. Bullied since fifth grade, he was an outcast. In seventh grade you were accused of being just a quiet gay kid, and you flipped. You said nothing but went up to the boy and punched him in the face. When you came back from being suspended you were never quite the same. You still laughed and smiled, but there was a sadness in your eyes that could never be erased. People started to call you Mad Mat because of what happened, but before he could here that, I named you Mad because of your mad skills so that it would hurt less when you heard.

I loved you, and that love still lingers today. I see you in the halls of school, wishing we could go back to normal, but I know we can never go back now. Not since what you have done. I must explain to you what has happened since you broke my heart.

After you told everyone my secret, which I will not disclose here, for fear of prying eyes, I fell apart. You took my heart and broke it into a million tiny shards. You heedlessly took an advantage to make yourself more popular without stopping to think about how it made me feel. How dare you insult me like that. Do you know who I am?

After all of my shame, I rose like a fiery phoenix from the ashes you created. From the wreckage emerged a small, but powerful mite. I infected the nervous system of our school and rose to the top. It started from rock bottom, the outcasts. Since they already knew what you were like, it was easy to influence them. I spun a tale full of spite and hate that only the most evil heartless person could not make cry, although I guess you were that evil heartless person. I got them hooked. We united as one against the cruelty of the world.

Next I moved on the guys in grade. Those seemed almost more easy to influence. A little talk after class, a secretive glance in the halls got them hooked. And when the were hooked on me, I spun my tale of misery and woe to them. They swore they would avenge me, but I knew they would do no real harm to you. You have experienced their pain before. Mine will be different.

Here, we pause. One fateful day you cornered me after school. You said some pitiful excuse that I disregarded very easily. You said that it was not your fault what happened; it was out of your control. That you were trying to save me. I knew that you spoke lies though. You were probing to find my weakness. But unlike a simple dumb man, I am a cunning, powerful woman. You have no hold on me, Matthew. This only sealed your fate. My heart fragments came together to form a cold black one that will destroy you. No longer grieving, but seeking to have vengeance for the life you have stolen from me.

I moved with force, taking over this school. I have learned how to manipulate people and twist truths. Almost like from a movie I became a queen bee of the teenage hive. I knew what everyone was doing, who they were dating, and how to get them to do my bidding. I am in perfect control to begin your brutal murder.

Sincerely,
Your doom
Part 2:

Friends confuse. My best friend has left me. Not dead, or anything, she didn’t die. She is just gone. That is what is confusing. She left about two months ago, because of “the accident,” as she calls it. Not that I am eavesdropping. So many people are talking about her that it is impossible to not overhear. But to explain that I must go back to about two weeks ago from “the accident.”

She (I really do not want to say her name, and you probably know her already) was my best friend. Still is, I guess. She is or was my only friend. She helped me and was there for me when no one else was. Other people shunned me, and she turned it around. She gave me a nickname, Mad. The other people started to catch on, and it seemed like they were friendly finally. They started to talk about me and hanging out with me. I still wanted to friend with her though.

About a week passes, and I get an idea. What if I tell my new friends about her? So I did! Nothing bad, I promise, just that she was amazing, pretty and smart. They said that they should meet her. So I told them where her locker was, and they all went to visit her. I can not believe that they all love her so much!

But then, I found out. Instead of being friends with her, they all surrounded her and told her that she was lucky to be my girlfriend. She ran off and cried. I did not mean for this to happen. I never told them that we were dating. I never said we made out. I never said anything. Just friends. Now, I am lucky if we end up friends at all.

All of my friends turned on me. Turns out, they were never my friends. I miss them. I miss the popularity. For once in my life, I had more than one friend. But I go back to my normal. Back to routine. Back to alone.

Back to the halls I go, wanting to just talk to her. I would do anything to tell her that it wasn’t my fault. Miraculously, I overheard her telling someone she was going to hook up with someone after school in the gym. I could finally talk to her, and clear things up. I stand at the gym’s entrance until I hear her come.

Here, we pause. What if she doesn’t believe me? What if she ignores me? What if? What if I am alone forever with no reason to live? She turns the corner. Her face is so expectant, so powerful. It is the face of a warrior. The face I love. The fierce eyes that look into your soul. The perfect nose everyone wished they had. The soft lips I kissed after lunching the boys face in seventh grade.

I love her. I always had. But I swear, I didn’t tell anyone that. It was our secret. Everyone thought that the kiss was to show that I am not gay and brushed it off. Or I thought they had. They stored away the information and when I told them we were friends, they remembered and told her. But it is not my fault, right?

But then she starts to walk pass me. I step in front of her. I told her I love her. It was not my fault that everyone knew. The kiss was known by all, and everyone simply figured out. But she shut me out. She brushed past me and walked into the gym. I didn’t stop her. What more could I say?

I know it is not my fault. It was simply a kiss. We kept our relationship a secret. I know we did. We never came out as a couple, simply passed by each other. When I told everyone about her, I made sure that it was clear we were just friends. I did, right? Was it my fault?

Wait, are you recording this?

Part 3:

Friends love. Love’s strength can move mountains. Or move other thing, like a weapon. Love can turn to hate in a blink of an eye. Love’s strength determines the One’s hate. Love is over simplified in books and movies. There are more kinds of love then just kissing in front of everyone and make outs in the gym. There is love that messes up, tells secrets, tells lies, but is still love. Love can drive people to the point of death.

Moving here to WHS was entering a fantasy. Homeschool, I learned facts about the world, but in school I learned what the world really was. I heard about people fighting but I never understood it. I never understood anything. I was an outcast. No one thought anything of me. But then everything changed. A girl who I saw passing in the hallways befriended me. She talked to me, but soon I could see. She used me.

But this is not my story I am telling. I am not foolish enough to write down things, because you never know if someone will intercept letters. This is the story of Mad and Louise. It is a story of love and heartbreak. Their lives intertwined with mine, and now I feel responsible to tell their tale. The didn’t just hurt each other, you know.

Louise loved Mad so much that when he betrayed her love caused her to try to murder him. It was with an axe, a strange choice. Sources say that she was hurt because of her boyfriend’s betrayal of her. He made them public against her will. He thought he was not in the fault, but who can tell. Now, we will never know. Mad, also known as Matthew, grew up an outcast, so that doesn’t help this story. After making bad choices, his girlfriend broke up with him. After about two months without forgiveness, he jumped off a bridge. He blamed himself for what happened and he could not bare the pain. Some people are strong in this world; some are weak.

After Louise found out about, she abandoned all hate she had for him. Deep down, she was hurt by him. She lost control of the school, and hell broke loose. Everyone realized who she really was and shunned her. Lonely, she lost control and jumped off the same bridge as her dead boyfriend. She left a lone note simply saying, “I am sorry, Mad.”

Here, we pause.









Truth:

Louise: I know Mad didn’t kill himself.
Mad: I never did an interview.
Alice: I am the new queen now.



© 2018 Boxcat


Author's Note

Boxcat
So, you finished it! What did you think? I tried my best to make everything make just enough sense to be readable, but pretty confusing. I tried to have different truths and lies in all of their stories. What changes would you make?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on December 4, 2018
Last Updated on December 4, 2018