Casa de Socko's

Casa de Socko's

A Story by Brandon2814
"

Another short story from a couple years ago.

"

It was a crappy summer’s day. It was thundering out, not raining yet which was weird. A lingering kind of weird that doesn’t go away. We were young and bored. The boredom that couldn’t be quenched by video games or movies, the kind of boredom that can only be soothed by something new and exciting, something dangerous you may say. Restless and rowdy, I decided to round up the gang, the usual suspects the neighbors would say. It isn’t easy getting everyone together either, us hellions. Usually we’re in detention or grounded (for life) again. I know I had my bouts with the parental figures but I always found my way out of it. I started becoming a master at faking the tears, the sobbing and the tantrums. I started off with Jim, he was a good kid, and he owed money and favors all over town though.


Jim was on the lamb again. He was out roaming the neighborhood. He had a thing for the neighborhood girls. He was warned about the cooties but that doesn’t stop him.  Jim is a bit of a wildcard some might say; sometimes he just has to be roped in before be goes too far.


Mark is usually home around this time. He’s simple-minded that way. Easy going and great in a bind, hard to find people like that nowadays. Back in the day, back when the grass was greener and the bouncy balls had more bounce it was easy for the gang to assemble. The guys were usually held up in a cage or locked up behind a fence, all easy to get out of enough if one had the right tools. Freedom has its pitfalls I guess. I walk in the door without any protest. Mark’s mom is passed out drunk again. It’s a common occurrence around here. 


Loud noises are coming from his room; I go in to investigate. The sight is unbelievable. Mark is in the corner cowering with his hands over his face, the light is ablaze with neon green light. A loud and foreboding object is floating in the middle of the room. I freak and dive after Mark thinking I could save him, bad decision. We’re both penned down now. Things start getting weirder when the doors to the object open up and little green creatures with ray guns float out. We really start freaking at this point. We try yelling for his mom but of course that doesn’t work.


The next couple events are a blur, it was one of those fight or flight moments that usually end up defining our lives for years to come. First, what you need to know is that Mark has really bad smelling feet, like really bad. He once made paint peel with just the use of his shoe; I wouldn’t believe it but I was there to witness it. Knowing this I grab a sock off the floor and launch it at the flying object. The creature retaliated with a couple short burst from his finger. Mark luckily got the same idea and we both started finding all the socks on his floor and launching them at the creature coming out of the machine. I think the green creature finally got the message and turned tale.


We saved the world with the help of Marks smelly feet. We try to tell people about the events that day but nobody ever believes us. It’ll be something for us to remember at least.  

© 2012 Brandon2814


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on June 23, 2012
Last Updated on June 23, 2012
Tags: kids, funny, twist, science fiction

Author

Brandon2814
Brandon2814

Du Bois, PA



About
I am just a wanna-be writer. It has been my dream sense I was a little boy to have something published and to influence others as my favorite books has influenced me. I am very shy though with very lo.. more..

Writing