Chapter 2 beginning

Chapter 2 beginning

A Chapter by Brandon Mineo
"

Halloween is approaching in Black Wood Creek, and Gary has a few more stressed induced hallucinations.

"

                                   Black Wood Creek:  Chapter 2

                            Sleep Alone        

 

 

               

         Gary looked over at his alarm clock with a blank expression on his face, not even registering what time that the digital numbers were displaying. He’d barely gotten two hours of sleep the previous night, all he could do was think about was what he had seen. Could it have been real? No, it had to of been his imagination or some sort of induced hallucination brought on by stress. Trying to clear his mind, he ran his left hand through his hair and let out a slow sigh.

         “Gary, are you up?” He heard his mother ask from the hall way, before she tapped gently on the outside of his bedroom door with her knuckle a few times in a row. “It’s nearly seven.”

          “I’m up,” Gary called out in a groggy tone, pushing his blanket away from his body as he slowly sat up. “Unfortunately.” He added under his breath. He would much rather be going to bed then getting up so he could get ready for another day of school. Maybe he would be able to grab a quick nap during study hall, if he was lucky enough not to get caught. Either way he didn’t care, he didn’t function that well with lack of sleep. Sitting on the edge of his bed, he covered his face in with his hands and rested his eyes for a minuet. 

      Letting out a groan he looked around his bedroom, which still wasn’t fully unpacked yet. He’d gotten it done for the most part, but there were still a few boxes in the far corner of the room. Mainly unpacked clothes, and other things he needed to sort through to see if he still wanted them or not. One box contained the complete Animorhs book series, he’d gotten them from his brother Tucker when he’d been seven or eight. He’d only read a few, but he did plan on reading the whole series eventually.

      Getting up off of his bed he sluggishly walked over to one of the boxes that was labeled ‘Shirts, jeans, underwear and socks’, he’d been too lazy to separate his clothes into different boxes so he’d put them all together. Which had been a mistake on his part, since he’d had to carry the heavy box up the stairs. Before going through the box at his feet, he needed to check his closet for hangers. “Huh, maybe they’re up on the closet shelf.” He thought out loud, reaching up he felt along the dark shelf. He could feel the dust collecting on his fingers as he felt his way around, suddenly his hand hit a box. “That’s not mine.” 



© 2017 Brandon Mineo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017


Author

Brandon Mineo
Brandon Mineo

Saint John, Canada



About
Hola, my name is Brandon. I live in Canada, and have always wanted to be an author. I've been writing ever since I was a teenager (14 I think). I'm currently working on a revision of a book I thought .. more..

Writing