The First Day of School

The First Day of School

A Chapter by Lynn

  Kids stopped in the hall idly, looking, observing.
  Kids avoided one group, only few stopped. They stopped as if they were confused, as if deciding if they should chat or walk on. They just stood there, looking amazingly moronic and childish, with a big grin, obviously forced, to impress the only vampires that could ever make other vampires envy them.
  Kate lingered at the edge of our little group, looking at everyone as if they were a character in a boring play, to figure out if they'd liven up the play, and then, to have her hopes let down, they'd walk on. "Tis a gift to be simple, they say, but, unfortunate, none of us are simple." She mumbled.
  Bailey leaned against a locker, boredom consuming her. A short girl with a heart shaped face and bouncy blond curls walked up to her. "That's my locker."
  "My locker is down the hall, to the left." Bailey said with a bright grin on her pretty face.
  The girl looked around, not noticing what happened. "Oh, I get it." She smiled and bounced away.
  Xanthe was at the side of a tall young man, Caspian. More or less, Caspian was at her side. She looked thinner and older, much unlike her high-strung self. "Caspian, get me a bottle of A+."
  Caspian scoffed. "Who do you think I-"
  Xanthe's expression turned angry. He cringed in pain and walked away.
  Alex sat on a janitor's cart and crossed her legs. She tossed her hair and batted her eyes, obviously catching the attention of many boys.
  Dinah sat in the corner, with a book in her hand, playing with a little necklace of a werewolf. She hummed quietly and looked around occasionally.
  I stood next to Xanthe and Kate, holding hands with a tall, blond haired vampire named Connor.
  My name is Devine. Like all the others, I have powers. I can turn myself and others into animals or inanimate objects. I also can do some witchcraft. I have a power, which is hard to name, where I get possessed and can do almost anything. It's quite useful.
  Kate shifted onto her right leg, her long blue hair falling off of her shoulders and hung down her back. "When will this end?"
  "When Caspian brings me the damned b-blood!" Xanthe said loudly. The hall quieted. "Oh, chill out!"
  "Xanthe, are you alright?" Bailey asked.
  "N-" She groaned and stomped off to her dorm, which was in the same hall as ours, in the Silver Wing.
  Caspian saw her and ran after her.
  "Wow," I said. I twisted my hair in its ponytail. I looked at everyone. "Let's go. It's so annoying here, with all of the...coming and going people."
  "Don't you have a cheer-leading meeting?" Dinah reminded me.
  "Shi-"
  Connor looked at me.
  "-t." I stuck out my tongue and hugged him. "I'm sorry, everyone, but I have to go."
                &&
  I drew my cloak around me. Devine went to her meeting for cheer leading (she's captain), student council, and the newspaper. Xanthe was crying in her dorm. Dinah was reading, and thinking of Aaron. Bailey and Alex were causing havoc in the bathroom.
  I decided to go find Fame.
  She was in her dorm, unpacking.
  "Oh! Kate! You scared me!" She was twirling around in what I assumed to be one of her pageant dresses.
  "Sorry, Fame." I suppressed a smile and nodded.
  Devine came running down the hall, her bright pink shorts looked like a blur, her brightly colored Nike's seemed to be on fire, and her long hair was hanging out of her ponytail.
  "XANTHE-BABY-COME-NOW!"


© 2010 Lynn


Author's Note

Lynn
I'm kind of starting it oddly[:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 3, 2010


Author

Lynn
Lynn

St. Louis, MO



About
I'm Lynn, a girl who knows what she wants and when she wants it. I am a member of the Wood family, related to Natalie Wood, an actress who died about 20 years ago. I never did meet her, but it is int.. more..

Writing
Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Lynn


I: Finding I: Finding

A Chapter by Lynn