Hic Sunt Dracones II

Hic Sunt Dracones II

A Poem by Brenden Bow
"

I think dragons are useful for self-representation. But, the question is: "Representation of whom?" Well, there's only one thing I can say to that: "Dragons represent a 'what', not a 'who'."

"
Discrediting the blood's supposed solubility, pouring it into the goblet at the body's winery.
Arteries pump out vintage wine; finally, it's time to dine.
Produce an antique drink when the core decides to blink.
This is a study of patterns and rhythm. Congealing liquid metal, form my diadem.
       
The central importance: merely incidental. Do not fret, this situation is merely coincidental.
The righteousness upon the shoulder is of greater encumbrance
than the wickedness, who offers no hindrance. The malice, evolving, becomes recusant.
Is there a half-risk, a chance that his fiends wish to kill, not to dance?

What is a ghoul or spook unto a goblin? Furthermore, what is a goblin unto a dragon?
The fire's profusion is considered a gift from the silver-spitting dragon.
Born unto the darkest depths of Miasma's mist, an infant's woeful, solitary sorrow
delivers no hope for the brighter past's tomorrow.
        
He may be a poetic fool. However, he is, at least, not a tool,
a tool forced to author misery, triumph, and history, catering to the vain egos of your society. 
His existence: dozens of chapters, the essence of history.
What does that make you and me in comparison, when, in my eyes, upon my ring, there be dragons?


Ironically, the water-walker bit the barrel of the gun.
Whisper to me, "Here be a dragon.
Watch everything cauterize.
Dare to breathe
 out of sight."
Seethe.
Then.
Die,
you and me,
we need never be
fussing over the banal news.
Shout, "Creation turns to ash, to dust!"
Stick your thumb out, 'cause it's premature death or bust. 

© 2012 Brenden Bow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on June 13, 2012
Last Updated on June 14, 2012

Author

Brenden Bow
Brenden Bow

TX



About
I've been writing for nine years. It's a solitary art, writing; seclusion works wonders for one's evolution as a writer. I enjoy secluding myself for days, sometimes weeks, with my work. more..

Writing