Cresting Over the Horizon

Cresting Over the Horizon

A Poem by Matalia Riordan
"

Just some thoughts on this rainy day

"

    Tragedy and disappointment scar the strongest and most guarded of hearts but there is always a point in time when the defenses crumble and the will surrenders to a single moment of vulnerability and pure bliss.  To the outside world the spirit may be cold and reserved but in the quiet solitude of the rising sun the heart sings with joy and calm. As the bold hues of pink, blue and gold spread majestically across the sky the soul knows no limit and the heart knows no sadness. With the break of dawn, once the sun has crested over the horizon from its night of rest the heart settles back once again hiding behind the walls it has over the years locked itself safely behind in a world where the darkness shrouds the love it holds inside until once again the sun glows in the early morning light.  

© 2008 Matalia Riordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i'd keep it as it is. the fact that the style might be found confusing..... is it poetry or prose?......is a problem that the reader has to deal with. if this is how the writing came to you, this is the way it should be. the way i see it, it's a beautiful, deep, descriptive little paragraph. profound and complete.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

This is fabulous.
You write with such beautiful words.
I am very impressed;
Somewhat speechless, too.

'Uncoordinated Lullaby' is not a song, but I wrote it while listening to "Change My Name" by Trading Yesterday. I was riding in the car, listening to the song, when I began getting words that I liked. (if that makes sense) It matches with their sounds, only with different words and points.


Posted 15 Years Ago


What brilliant and insightul thoughts they are, not to mention very inspirational and uplifting. Wonderful work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is pretty, but kept me at a distance -
I think if you showed me the horizon and related it to an observable
expression of joy rather than tell me that is how a soul feels-
I may have felt it more, myself - as a reader.
As it stands, when I read this - it is like looking
at a postcard in the store - nice - but if it were
addressed to me, personally, from someone who was
reaching out - inviting me to be a part of this vacation,
I might cherish it rather than put it back on the rack.

you caught me on a blunt day - as a reviewer -
I am frustrated with editing and can't help but read everything
with that critical eye right now -hope my frankness
hasn't hurt your feelings or seemed insensitive.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow... This is simply breathtaking. The reflected qualities of night and day, darkness and light, create a beautiful fusion of sadness and hope. The piece flows like a river and everything about it was eloquent and thoughtful. Excellent job! This one's going in my favorites! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic! Such a nice feeling quivered with a dance of soft melancholy is there in your poem. I like it. Good work.

Thank you.

Raja

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautifully written!

Posted 15 Years Ago


A very beautiful piece! With wonderful desription and scenery.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i'd keep it as it is. the fact that the style might be found confusing..... is it poetry or prose?......is a problem that the reader has to deal with. if this is how the writing came to you, this is the way it should be. the way i see it, it's a beautiful, deep, descriptive little paragraph. profound and complete.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yeah, i agree with the others. the format isn't...well, its not typically a poetic one. nevertheless, the rhythm, personification and imagery here left me breathless...i honestly didnt want it to end. its funny how you wrote this on a rainy day haha!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I agree with Angelic Darkness. This reads more like prose rather than poetry. But your descriptions and imagery are terrific, and your wording is definitely poetic.

"As the bold hues of pink, blue and gold spread majestically across the sky the soul knows no limit and the heart knows no sadness." - this is just beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 12, 2008
Last Updated on August 12, 2008

Author

Matalia Riordan
Matalia Riordan

Boston, MA



About
I'm an 18 year old college student with the dream of becoming a history professor at a small college in Colorado. I'm a bibliophile and own close to a thousand books. I'm shy but social and have a hea.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..