Beautiful Darkness

Beautiful Darkness

A Poem by B. A. May
"

A poem written during a Bit polar manic episode.

"
The beautiful darkness.

I so wish to go with you hand in hand, ride off in the lovely emptiness. The peaceful decay enveloping my mind, the silent scream I hear in your heart.

Oh beautiful darkness, make me your mistress. Take me away to a place with nothing, but everything. I want to feel the cool caress of death against my face.

Sweet reaper, purge my dirty soul. Give me a new hope to seek.

Sorrowful fate, play with me not. Give me my space, a place, let me breath these deadly fumes of reality so I may leave. Let me drift into a wonderful sleep. A dream world for only me. Twisted, rotted, ruined, only a moment.


Oh forgiving death, stay away, for I'm not ready to leave. I believe, I'm meant to breath, and break away from your tempting grip. Your innocence has long been seized. Please, forgive the rottenness of those that grieve falsely.

My sorrowful emptiness, open your eyes, you're not alone. We, he, she, everywhere, here, there, become aware. No one is ever alone, wipe away those bloody tears and carry on."

© 2021 B. A. May


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

BA I like how you turn this around at the end, from just another brooding I'm sick of life youth screed to a quite positive command to turn from the dark towards the light of existing
Clever poem, set up flows easily and the pay is worth sticking around to the end

Ken e


Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
1 Review
Added on August 14, 2021
Last Updated on August 14, 2021
Tags: hope, pain, reaper, darkness, Beautiful, rise