Prologue: Into The Ocean...Blue October

Prologue: Into The Ocean...Blue October

A Chapter by Brit Nicole

I was standing in the ocean. Sand under my feet. Waves crashing around my bare legs. The sky was dark and freckled with stars. I felt completely at peace in that moment. I could hear the sound of the water and the wind blowing through my elbow length, ash blonde hair. I took a deep breathe. Breathing in the smells and air of the salty ocean water. I couldn't remember why I was there, but it didn't matter. I was so at ease that I just didn't find it important to remember why I was standing in this blissful place. I'm not sure how long I stood there, it felt like hours.

I finally looked back at the beach. It was empty but for my sandals and sweatshirt. I sighed before turning and walking to my things. I picked them up and headed towards my house. It wasn't far from the beach, which was nice. When I opened the door and stepped into the silent, dark house I sighed. Of course she wasn't home. My mother was never home. She was out with her latest 'boyfriend'. I was sure. I didn't bother turning the lights on. I just headed towards the back of the small cabin to my bedroom. I flipped on the light and took in my room. Deep purple walls, light hardwood floors, a couple shag rugs, a full sized canopy bed draped in more deep purple, a chair, and a dresser. I walked to the dresser and grabbed a long shirt and changed into it before lying on my bed and curling up in the comforter. I quickly fell asleep.

I was standing in a small room. I could see my mom sitting in a blue chair not far from where I was standing. My mom was crying. I wanted to comfort her but couldn't bring myself to move or speak.

I woke up sweating and feeling confused. I looked around and realized I was in my room. I breathed a long sigh of relief before deciding to get up.



© 2012 Brit Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012
Tags: breaking, fall, love, coma, tragedy, suspense, mystery, romance, friends, best friends