The Wall of Fire

The Wall of Fire

A Story by Brittany
"

Laura and her mom are woken up with a phone call saying they need to evacuate the area immediately due to a dangerous fire. Everything seems fine. For a while. Then things take a twist.

"
     My mother woke me up in the early morning. "Laura, come on get up. We must hurry," my mother said. "Why?" I groaned as I rolled out of bed. I looked at the clock, "4:00 IN THE MORNING," I screeched. "Yes the fire department just called. We have been notified to evacuate immediately," my mother said. "Wait, wait, the fire department?" I said, "So like, there's a fire?" "Yes, Laura hurry up, get dressed, pack any possessions real quick if you wish, but hurry!" my mother said. 
     We were out of the house in 15 minutes. I had grabbed my wallet, a hairbrush, a necklace my great grandma had given me, couple shirts and shorts, and don't judge, my cell phone and charger. My mom and I climbed into the car and headed out. As soon as we had stepped outside I could feel the heat, and quite a ways in the distance was a great fire. Burning everything in its path. 
     My mom received another call on her cell as we drove away from the flames. "Yes...yes, ok, we will. Thanks, bye." My mom hung up her cell. "We are to drive to the DoubleTree hotel," she said. 
     As we were driving I kept looking back at the fire, it seemed to keep getting closer and closer. Burning much faster than any flame should burn. After about 15 minutes I looked back again. I couldn't believe it! The fire was oh so much closer. And huge! With a strange abnormal white tint. It burned and burned on. My mother was speeding up now, with the feeling of fear spreading through us. Hot, it was so hot. Mom had the A/C cranked way up though. I felt a little dizzy.
     After a while a funny smell permeated the air. I was a very dizzy now. As I drifted and floated only barely conscious I could feel the car going out of control as my mother was a only as conscious as I was. Pretty soon the heat really got to me. Everything looked white. And why weren't we at the hotel. I screamed as the flames locked in around me. This was it I thought. This is how I met my death.
     Then I woke up. "Sweetie are you alright?" My mom asked. "You were screaming and I didn't know what was wrong." "Momma, where is the fire?" I asked. 
     "There is no fire, you were dreaming baby," said my mom.

© 2012 Brittany


Author's Note

Brittany
Once again, ignore my bad grammar. Also helpful criticism is welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that is why you do not eat before bed LOL again, brilliant, an amazing writer in the making, so descriptive. Reall targeted your audience.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012

Author

Brittany
Brittany

Small Town



About
Well, I'm Brittany. I'm going to be an eighth grader next school year. I'm not a HUGE writer but when one of my odd little ideas pops into my head I have to get it out. So now i'm copying from my j.. more..

Writing