Awakening Etheree

Awakening Etheree

A Poem by Broken.
"

For my creative writing class, I've been given a packet of quite a few different kinds of poems, and the assignment is to write my own using the decriptions and examples.

"

The poetry form, Etheree, consists of  10 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 syllables. Etheree’s can also be reversed and written 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Double Etheree: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

 

Awakening Etheree

She’s

Shaking

Her body

Aching for more

She waits for her love

Under the old oak tree

At around three he appears

A paper in hand as he nears

On a folded little square reads “It’s you.”

She would have never guessed it said, “We’re through.”

© 2010 Broken.


Author's Note

Broken.
More practice (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Again, interesting form and you use it well. The emotional switch in the last line is ironic and struck me as really funny at first, then sad, especially since the previous lines work well romantically. The sort of pyramid of syllables works in reverse with the old oak tree image-- it's almost as though the oak spreads out as the poem expands, starting with just her and eventually the whole scene fills, saving the emotional resonance for last.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The last two lines really made this piece. I enjoyed it. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good, especially the ending, which is unexpected and shows an appealing wry humour. Also, you manage to tell a story within the very restrictive form of an etheree, which is good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Again, interesting form and you use it well. The emotional switch in the last line is ironic and struck me as really funny at first, then sad, especially since the previous lines work well romantically. The sort of pyramid of syllables works in reverse with the old oak tree image-- it's almost as though the oak spreads out as the poem expands, starting with just her and eventually the whole scene fills, saving the emotional resonance for last.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
you continue to do a great job.... keep up the nic
e work

Posted 14 Years Ago


girl you like these math poems don't you....smiles
Well your good at it so keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


lol...I wrote this form in my twenties but never knew what it was. I started from 1 went to 10 and back to 1. I'm gonna dig that stuff up one of these days. It's all hand written on tablets in some dusty box.

Thanks for sharing your practice. It is inspiring to see a young student of writing with your talent.

Jan

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
6 Reviews
Added on March 3, 2010
Last Updated on March 3, 2010

Author

Broken.
Broken.

FL



About
Let's talk about you instead more..

Writing
It Was Night It Was Night

A Story by Broken.


Prisoner Prisoner

A Poem by Broken.