Golden Eyes and Wildfire Lies

Golden Eyes and Wildfire Lies

A Story by BeatricePortinari.
"

So this is little short story I wrote... She's immortal and can read minds. He's a human doctor that got roped into her way of life and they're half way in love with each other.

"

She turned around to reveal tear streaked eyes and her night black hair a tangled mess around her face and hips.  The tattoos wrapped around her scars like roses on the tan skin of her stomach and hips.  Her muscles coiled and flexed in the movement, her white teeth biting at her red lip and golden cat eyes flicking over his face in such an animalistic way he could not help but remember her genetics.  “F**k that,” she said,” F**k you.  You can’t do this.  You can’t walk in here and pretend to know me.  You can’t change everything I’ve fought to make.  You simply can’t, Troian Divine.  I will not let you.”

         “Ah, but don’t you see?  I do get you.”

         She was in front of him now and, in spite of her six feet and three inches, he still towered over her.  And he knew she couldn’t stand it.  Her khol lined eyes, with wings flying from the sides she had painstakingly applied for tonight, were slits and he hated that he couldn’t see the caramel colored pupils with the black line as clearly as usual.  “Where do you get off telling me who I am?”

         “How do you fair with reading my every thought?”

         Her hands flew up in the air, brass knuckles glinting in the harsh light,” I don’t wish for that.”

         “As I don’t wish to anger you.”

         Her hand moved too quickly for him to see, she had thrown it from her body and into the wall behind him quicker than he could register her even moving.  She pulled it out of the wood, her left pinky askew and bleeding.  He grabbed the hand and ignored the usual lightning strikes in his nerves, smoothing it out.  Hers long and broken, dark in contrast to his pale and graceful ones.  “Your finger is broken,” he murmured, a crease forming between his heavy brows.

         She yanked it away and pushed the bone back into with a snap and no affirmation of the pain he was sure filled her.  “I have nine others.”

         “I’m sorry.”

         Her eyes met his cold ones and she screamed, positively screamed,” NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR THE UNAVOIDABLE, HUMAN!”

         Anger began to pound beneath in his blood as he yelled back,” I’ll apologize for things in which I’m at a fault, Ree.”

         She moved in that languid walk of hers, hips not moving and legs powerful.  She calmed as her hands ran over her two .40s.  “Armarie.  Or Olivia.  Whichever you happen to find more charming, Divine.  I don’t want you slipping into comfort with my world.  It’ll leave you dead or dying.  And I’ll laugh.”

         “No you won’t.”

         “And once again you seem to be the one reading me, Troian.”

         “Troy.”
         “What part of my appearance or my creed leads you to believe I give a damn about your preferences?”

         “Your eyes.”

         Her head snapped up from looking down, her lips, those full, perfect lips, pursed.  “That was not meant to be answered.”

         “I’m aware.”

         “You’re a piece of work, darling.”

         Her hands ran over the gun and cleaned it thoroughly.  Minutes passed before he asked in a calm tone,” Does it help to know you’re beautiful, Armarie Jett?”

         “How do you mean?”

         “You’re beautiful.  Everything about you.  The way you speak puts Shakespere to shame.  Your scars, they suit you.  You’re lips are gorgeous and when you bite them it makes me want to kiss you.  That hair of yours is as dark as your humour, and when you hold those guns I can’t help but think you’d walk into hell a million times over to save someone you loved.  Those eyes, they’re sharp enough to make you dangerous but not enough to make you unapproachable.  You’re disposition will do that.  But you only push people away because protecting them is painful enough.  Any more emotional ties and you won’t know how to handle the voices that tug at your mind day and night.”

         She turned to face him, easing an inch higher as she leaned on the balls of her feet.  As if to kiss him, her eyes closed and he moved forward.  In the last second, she turned her head, his lips landing on her jaw.  “No,” she whispered,” The only thing this beauty is good for is bait.  But the repercussions of a good man falling in love with it are worse.  The beauty means nothing to me.  Simply a mask, is all.” 

         She turned to walk, his head still bent and his hands clenched at his sides.  “Don’t go,” he murmured to the air where she had stood moments ago. 

         “Don’t fall.”  She whispered from far away. 

© 2011 BeatricePortinari.


Author's Note

BeatricePortinari.
Thanks for reading! Please comment(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story is very good. I like the two characters and the storyline. The description and the conversation made the story come alive. No weakness in this short story. I like how you ended this story. Left a opening for a part two. A excellent story. Thank you.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 24, 2011

Author

BeatricePortinari.
BeatricePortinari.

Wasilla, AK



About
so i guess i'm just a girl. with words, lots of those and somehow it makes doing this easier. i've got great parents who don't have a hope of understanding me but won't give up trying. i love food a.. more..

Writing