Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by *~*Brooke*~*

Chapter 1


“What the hell?” I muttered. Where the hell am I? I felt around in the darkness with my chained up hands.  The rough concrete scraping the skin of my palms. Reaching out more and more until I couldn’t go any farther.  I slumped back against the dirt wall behind me. What in the world is going on here? I should be in Hawaii right now with Clementine and Trevor. We should be parasailing right now over the great Pacific Ocean, or scuba diving or maybe even shoppi- what was that?  A loud noise came from the opposite side from where I stood. Light began to flood in and a dark shadow stood before me in an open door way.

            “Get up!” A deep voice came from the man, he looked at least 6.4 in height, and very strong. This guy could snap you like a twig Stephanie. I struggled to get up, what with being chained up and all.

            “I said get UP!” The large man started getting angry.

            “I’m getting up! How about you try being chained okay!” That’s when he started walking towards me smart one Steph! He grabbed hold to the collar of my shirt, yanked me up and pulled me out the door behind him. Geesh this place is creepy where am I? The ground was just cement blocks with trees that had somehow managed to grow under the blocks and broken through. Sadly the trees were dead, they matched the whole place perfectly. There were small shack like buildings here and there. They didn’t look to sturdy though seeing as the roofs had gaping holes in them and the wood was rotten all the way through on some places. As for where I had previously been, it just looked like a pile of dirt and grass, no one would have thought there was a little room under there.

There didn’t seem to be a single person around except for me and the big guy. No noise was being made either except for the thudding footsteps of the guard.

            “So…any hint to where we’re going?” I looked at the guard. Doesn’t look like he says much. “Guess not.”

            We continued walking for about 20 minutes through this old town -if you could call it that- before he finally spoke.

            “We’re here.” I looked up to see where-here-was. Holy this place is huge! Before us stood an old mansion made of brick. Some bricks here and there looked as if they were going to fall out and wall would come with it. But other than that, it seemed pretty nice.

            “Go. Don’t think about running away though, we have the whole perimeter surrounded.” Doesn’t look like it. “Take a left when you get in.” With that he walked away into the trees. I walked up the stairs to the large oval like door and walked in. If they really do have the place surrounded I don’t want to take the chance of them having guns again. Cautiously, I went towards the direction I was given. A long hallway filled with paintings stood before me.  I walked down the corridor until I reached a door at the other end. Please don’t let him kill me god! My hand knocked on the door 3 times.

            “Come in.” A calm voice came from inside. I really hope I don’t get killed. I grasped the handle and turned. The door swung open with ease and I stepped in. What!  A guy the same age as myself sat at a desk. Sharpening a long sword.

            “Welcome Stephanie, have a seat.”



© 2010 *~*Brooke*~*


Author's Note

*~*Brooke*~*
Rate and review! Any tips, let me know!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

*~*Brooke*~*
*~*Brooke*~*

Canada



About
Hey everyone, I'm Brooke as you probably already guessed.... but anyway, I love to write! It is one of my absolute favorite things to do. I usually get an idea of something in my dreams and just plop .. more..

Writing
My Mask My Mask

A Poem by *~*Brooke*~*


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by *~*Brooke*~*