Acknowledged

Acknowledged

A Story by Brother Jacob


Do you remember when some of y’all sisters where young and in love? Your man couldn’t keep his eyes off of you. His heart skipped a beat every time he saw you or at the mention of your name. He probably did some of the most corniest, cheesiest, stupidest things to get your attention, because he felt like he had to do that to steal your heart. And you sisters probably did the exact same thing, think you had to do this or that to steal his heart, but truth be told y’all didn’t have to jump through hoops or go through obstacles. Y’all just knew y’all loved one another and were willing to die for one another if necessary. Over the years you grow old sometimes, people don’t feel as appreciated by their spouse. You sisters will come home, from the beautician, with your hair and nails done, you will even cook your man his favorite meal, and he’ll give you that Ricky Ricardo look “Lucy what did you buy, Lucy what did you break, come on now Lucy you got some splainn to do.” In some cases he will look at you and be grateful, and say honey, you didn’t have to change a thing about you, you are still as just as beautiful as when I first laid my eyes on you 50 years ago. Thank you for making my favorite meal, but you didn’t have to. He acknowledges you and he appreciates you. And that’s all that God wants from His people. He just wants to be acknowledged; He wants us to tell Him, that we love Him and appreciate Him for everything He has done for us , and everything He does for us. If you or I think that God sent Jesus His only begotten Son to die for our sins, and later rise again for our justification so we can sit back and have religion, then you and I have the message of the Gospel all wrong. You know what the Pharisees problem really was they didn’t love God. God said these people praise me with their lips, but their hearts are from me. They treated God like He was just a boss that they didn’t like. They didn’t desire to have a friendship with God. Sure they might have kept the Commandments, but to them it was just a chore. God desires to have a relationship with His people. If you and I think that a relationship is just about sex and getting what we want, we don’t know what love really is. Scripture tells us in John 15:13, “ Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - Jesus Remember Jesus wasn’t only crucified for His friends’ sins only, but He was also crucified for the sins of His enemies including the ones who sentenced Him to His death. I encourage you today if you don’t know who Jesus is that you would invite Him into your heart, and receive Him as your personal Lord and Savior. You say I can’t because of this, I can’t because of I’ve done this. Just come to Him, and ask for forgiveness; He will not turn you away; You say can I continue to do what I ever I please, if I do that? No, but once you discover what Jesus has done for you, and there is a change within you, you won’t want to go back to where you was, or be who you once was.

© 2023 Brother Jacob


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on April 15, 2022
Last Updated on December 24, 2023

Author

Brother Jacob
Brother Jacob

About
Hello, my name is Jacob; I am a Christian author in my early 20's. I'm not perfect just a sinner saved by the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. more..

Writing