If God Gives Warning

If God Gives Warning

A Poem by Brother Jacob

Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God;
and the Lord will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.
As for me, behold, I am in your hand: do with me as seemeth good and meet unto you.
But know ye for certain that if ye put me to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood upon yourselves, and upon this city,
and upon the inhabitants thereof: for of a truth the Lord hath sent me unto you to speak all these words in your ears. - Jerimiah 26:13-15

We read about the prophets of old,
how the words God gave them began to unfold.

We read how they warned people, but some didn't take heed.
Instead, they rebelled more with their hearts full of greed.

They persecuted the prophets and called them insane.
They threw them in dungeons and bound them in chains.

They didn't want to hear, "you must change your ways.
Amend your doings, or God will shorten your days."

They didn't want to hear, "repent, or your enemies shall overtake thee."
Although they had eyes, they refused to see.

Although they had ears, they refused to hear,
so God allowed them to be subjected to their very own fears.

They didn't want to give up their prostitution;
For their sins, there was no retribution.

They kept sacrificing their children; they kept robbing and oppressing the poor. They had no compassion; do I need to say more?

Although the prophets were persecuted, made fun of, and harassed,
the words that God gave them did come to pass.

Those that persecuted the prophets aren't laughing anymore;
if God gives a warning, we best not ignore.

God doesn't have to send judgment down from the Heavens with hellfire and brimstone. There are those who are blinded by the lust of their own devices.

Babylon/ Babel - confusion

Blinded by the spirit of greed, blinded by the spirit of envy; without compassion, they oppress the poor and the widow, they kill the innocent, they enforce unnecessary ideologies on children, they don't clothe the naked, they don't properly take care of the homeless nor those who suffer from addiction, and they allow their cities to be overrun with crime.

© 2022 Brother Jacob


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on August 14, 2022
Last Updated on August 14, 2022

Author

Brother Jacob
Brother Jacob

About
Hello, my name is Jacob; I am a Christian author in my early 20's. I'm not perfect just a sinner saved by the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. more..

Writing