The Even Balance

The Even Balance

A Story by Brother Jacob

We read in John Chapter 8 of the Bible about the woman who committed adultery.
The woman brought before Jesus; the men who brought her said, “Rabbi the law says stone her, but Rabbi what do you say”
Jesus began to say unto them, “He who is without sin let him cast the first stone.”
Now notice, Jesus is the spotless Lamb, who is without Sin. The only one who was without who could have stoned her, chose not to.
The men immediately dropped their stones, and left. And Jesus went back to write in the sand.
A few minutes later, Jesus approached the woman and said, “woman where art thou accusers?”The woman’s response was, “I have none Lord.” 
Jesus then told the woman, “neither do I condemn you, but go and sin no more.”
We see that Jesus showed compassion and mercy to the woman who had committed adultery , but He didn’t tell her to continue you to commit it. He corrected her.
There has to be an even balance of correction and rebuke, and even balance between compassion and mercy.
Truth be told nobody likes rebuke or correction, but if we don’t have rebuke and correction the world would be in utter chaos. 

© 2022 Brother Jacob


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on November 27, 2022
Last Updated on November 27, 2022

Author

Brother Jacob
Brother Jacob

About
Hello, my name is Jacob; I am a Christian author in my early 20's. I'm not perfect just a sinner saved by the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. more..

Writing