The Girl In The Picture

The Girl In The Picture

A Poem by Bryad Polis Valentino
"

Picture was taken way back, ages ago, happier times...RIP Jen Hawkins...

"
She was simple,

Smart, free,

Passionate, serene,

She had a beautiful mind,

One that thought all the time,

Those thoughts multiplied,

Came out too much,

Drove her nuts,

Made her scared,

Alone, confused,

Hurt herself,

Ended it all,

Now, she's just the girl in the picture...

© 2019 Bryad Polis Valentino


Author's Note

Bryad Polis Valentino
"The monster slayer made haste on his chosen mount, Night, his old mare he'd had for countless adventures."

"Go, Night!"

"He rode into the sun, leaving his old friend Triss behind, wanting to show his fealty to his Yennefer, as he had, long ago..."

-The Bard's Tales- Copyright Bryan Varner/BP Lovecraft, can be republished as long as you you cite me as the original author.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had actually fallen asleep earlier, a rare circumstance for me so early.

I had shared this confession grim, but a reminder of what made my story begin. I can't cry, nor think of emotional investment. I believe in redemption through the afterlife, for both the living and the dead.

This site is a beacon for wayward souls. All of them are. I'm sorry about your friend but I know that life goes on for those who even take a trip with Charon.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sad but succinct. You don't go on about depression or pain, or romanticize or get all wish washy. You get straight to the point in a matter of fact way.

I had a friend on this site many years ago who killed herself. I believe her writing is still up here. It was good. This poem reminds me of her. When she died, I didn't feel sad. I kind of just felt, 'well that's that. another one gone, but I'm still here.'

That's why I really like the last line: 'Now she's just the girl in the picture.'

When someone is gone, we only have what they left behind.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 18, 2019
Last Updated on April 18, 2019
Tags: Confession, Spiritual

Author

Bryad Polis Valentino
Bryad Polis Valentino

Spokane, WA



About
I was once called the seeker of truth but abandoned my way to learn how to show mercy. What I discovered was a gentle side with intense emotions. I refused to call myself evil, but feared that I indee.. more..

Writing