The Empty Glass

The Empty Glass

A Story by BrynnaW.

There is something wonderful about an empty glass. You could see through it or you could make an object seem disfigured. Maybe, the most wonderful thing about an empty glass was that you could make music out of it or put a note inside and let it float on the ocean to a new destination. No, the best thing about an empty glass was the imagination and ideas that came along with it. A child might look at the empty glass and see a fish swimming about it. Most adults would see money filling the empty glass to the brim. Grandparents or older people would see their past memories through the glass and think of the memories to come. But, the saddest of all would be the teens that look through the glass and see nothing, feel nothing, and imagine nothing. The empty glass is an example of one's perspective and the truth of what you see will surprise you.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I am doing the writing excercises so I decided to post one up here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow i absolutely LOVE this. the thing about teens really touched me. im happy im not like that even though I am a teen :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh another wonderful piece of you, when will it stop? I don't think it will :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have views on glass... and you have summed up some pretty good ideas.. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love love love it! Bravo! I am goign to make more people read your work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 16, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


Hoods Hoods

A Story by BrynnaW.