A Tale of A Story II: The Kingdoms

A Tale of A Story II: The Kingdoms

A Story by Bud
"

The Kingdoms

"
    As you are already aware, our story begins long after it’s conception and birth. It is somewhere just prior to the middle ages of it’s growth. It’s beginning has obviously been well defined without much worthiness by way of mentioning. To be blunt, very common and plain. So let us begin this common and most usual story being ironically unusual in it’s very nature, by way of where it is to begin. But is not in itself the traditional beginning of a usual and common story.
    Belkoni was a ruler of great stature, as great as any that ruled before him in all the lands recorded throughout known history. All the subjects of Belkonia loved their king. He was a most fair and just ruler. One who understood he had nothing without the hard work and contributions his subjects afforded. And he showed his gratitude in many different ways. Ensuring each were never in want of simpleton necessities, such as food and the like. No kingdom had a greater care for the citizenry of the people. Belkoni was the only known ruler in the then known recorded history to ever walk amongst his people alone, without guard and without fear of his loyal subjects. He was a great and very much loved ruler, indeed.
    Cisconia was the rivaling ruler and immediate threat to the kingdom of Belkoni. All of Belkonia feared the wrath and war known to be administered by the Cisconian warriors. Humanity quaked at the mere thought of such war being raged upon their souls. Cisconian warriors had no morals or nobility of any portion in their utter beings. Many were convinced that hell had been unleashed upon the face of the earth, setting free all demons and devil hounds from the underworld. I would tend to favor this belief, for no human could ever be so evil and cold as those warriors were. There was justifiable reason for their fears.
    Cisconia had come to loathe Belkoni. He couldn’t understand how the Belkonians loved their ruler so without the strong arm of rule or fear of punishment. How could a kingdom love their king, giving him all support through their very own will without demonstrable laws and enforcement of those laws? Surely they would eventually turn on their king and then the rest of the then known world?

    He saw this notion to be a plague of the people that would spell certain doom for humanity. This new idea of free will simply wouldn’t work . It would destroy all life and hierarchy as it was then known. The very rulers of all the lands would suffer by the hand of this new disease. It had to be stopped at any cost.
    Cisconia had much experience with this kind of defiance. He would force his peasant subjects to take part and support his efforts. If they would not do so willingly, he would make them suffer for their refusal and rebellion. He knew how to keep citizens of the kingdom in line, as any ruler knew to be a successful formula for superiority. And the crown was certainly Royal and superior to any peasantry. He was more than prepared to put a stop to a free living society that threatened to destroy this perfect formulation of rule. A society perceptively without any common rule that would surely turn on themselves and spreading like the black plague across all the lands destroying all. Yes, his mind was fixed on eradicating this newly formed disease.

© 2010 Bud


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Excellent job in filling out the story here...

---I would tend to favor this belief, for no human could ever be so evil and cold as those warriors were. There was justifiable reason for their fears.--- These two lines kind of take the reader out of the flow of the narration... but if you leave them in could you let us know why the narrator feels this way? Or is that for later?

This is definitely black and white, good and evil and you have a great plot going so far... can't wait to see what is coming up next.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent job in filling out the story here...

---I would tend to favor this belief, for no human could ever be so evil and cold as those warriors were. There was justifiable reason for their fears.--- These two lines kind of take the reader out of the flow of the narration... but if you leave them in could you let us know why the narrator feels this way? Or is that for later?

This is definitely black and white, good and evil and you have a great plot going so far... can't wait to see what is coming up next.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A bit of an allegory perhaps? Very interesting. Well written, but easy to follow as well. Great beginning!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2010
Last Updated on October 1, 2010

Author

Bud
Bud

About
Forever VioletA Story by Samantha Grace more..

Writing
Branded Branded

A Poem by Bud