A Tale of A Story IV: Crossroads

A Tale of A Story IV: Crossroads

A Story by Bud

    At this moment in time, we find we’re standing at the crossroads of our story. Where an uncommon and extraordinary turn of events will take us down a different path, as we descend from the midlife of our tale towards the end. But first we must travel back uphill to find where our descent begins.
    We left off with two kingdoms opposed. One about to wage war unbeknownst to the other. Which kingdom is which, and to which ruler belongs where is of no importance at this crucial point and time. What is important is the timing of the precepts of the war to be waged. All great and proper stories are instilled with such precepts. Building cause for the actions to be. And war demands the attention of any listener to be. For our intent and purposes, war it is. Our characters are mere ornaments to the underlying machine at work. For no visible entity is without an underlying machine driving the force that moves a fine story along. Stories immemorial have proven this to be an exact and true fact.
    What is the point of all this, dear Story Teller? You may ask. I’ll tell you the point of all that has manifested thus far, and shortly to conclude. In order to have a story of a fine class, you must build the interest of the listener. A hook must be cast, and an empty hook seldom reels any takers in. The hook must be baited, as with any kind of fishing. Excepting when a net is cast. Should you, my dear and most beloved listener, still be under the influence of confusion. Blame not this fine story before you. For it is a fine story, indeed! If you have come this far with me along the journey of this wondrous story, then with these last few words I will prove to you of the fine and proper class this story claims to be. I will show you that I, as a story teller, have fulfilled all my obligations and more in creating a fine and proper story. I have created and piqued an interest of the listener. I have provided precepts to bring us to our current placement within. I have created an unusual twist that makes this story utterly unique unlike any other. I have reeled you in and intrigued you all the way to this uncommon and extraordinary ending. I have brought you to this final and main point of any story. The end cares not the means. I truly hope you have enjoyed this extraordinary and unusual adventure, A Tale of A Story.

The End

© 2010 Bud


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Big smiles... ok you got me...LOL Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bravo! Wonderfully written. Honestly, this was so well written- the being spoken to style- it was a pleasure to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read all 4 chapters and am in awe of your brilliant mind. Nicely written not the ending i was guessing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2010
Last Updated on October 1, 2010

Author

Bud
Bud

About
Forever VioletA Story by Samantha Grace more..

Writing
Branded Branded

A Poem by Bud