Finding Taylor

Finding Taylor

A Chapter by Lost In Space
"

This is the beginning of my book about Lucas Scott and Taylor Mason! Taylor is being targeted and Lucas has to stop them from hurting the love of his life.

"

Chapter 1

Finding Taylor

Ding-a-ling-a-ling! The bell rang loud in my ears. First period was starting. I raced to my class trying to control my speed. I got to the class with everyone staring at me. The teacher walked up to me with a small pink piece of paper in her hand. “Mr. Scott, welcome to our school,” she said reaching the hand with the paper out in my direction, “you’re late.”


            “I’m sorry Mrs.…what’s your name?” I asked, cringing at the sight of everyone smiling and staring at me. “Again I am sorry!” She started to write her name on the clean whiteboard. The squeaking of the expo marker gave me the chills and a headache.


            “I am Mrs. Steele, your eighth grade Science teacher.” She had a natural scowl on her face. Man that is creepy! I’ve seen creepier though! “Who wants to hand out this year’s science text books?” She asked in a loud voice as if she was trying to talk to someone across a football field. No one raised their hands. My guess is that they were scared of her. I accidently dropped my binder. “Mr. Scott, I see you want to. The books are in the corner.” I got up from my seat. “Hurry Mr. Scott!” I bolted to the corner where the books were located. There were about 30 books and 30 people in my science class. The books were about 2 and a half inches thick. Geez that is a large stack of books! I picked up all 30 books I needed at one time. I went to each desk, set the stack on the floor, picked up a book and handed it to the middle schooler. I did this until all the books were gone and I was at my desk.


             After I sat down the room was silent because everyone was looking at me in awe. “What?” I asked everyone. Even Mrs. Steele was shocked. About an half an hour later the bell rang and we went to our lockers. There is a 5 minute break between each class.


            “Hey! You’re the new kid, Lucas, right?” A girl about 4’ 7” approached me with this question. She looked like a third grader.


            “Yeah! That’s me, but you can call me Luke! And what’s your name?” I asked with a flirty smirk on my face. I waited a little for an answer. She started fluttering her eyes and put her long chocolate brown hair behind her ears and out of her face. She chuckled a little and bit her lip. In response I smiled back. Granted I was twice her height, I was not really flirting, I was showing her the real me.


            “I’m Charlotte but my friends call me Charlie.” We talked until we had to go to our next class. “Well I should get going! Bye!” She ran back to her friends and they all started jumping around and screeching like velociraptors.  The bell rang and it was time for me to go to Math. I got there on time and introduced myself to the teacher. When I canvassed the room for a seat I saw the face of angel. I started over to the seat next to hers and a jock stepped in and took it at the last second.


            “Hey dude, I was going to sit there and you could obviously see that.” The guy didn’t seem to care. “Dude, can I have my seat!” The guy took one glance at me and dismissed my existence in a second.  I tapped him on the shoulder. “My I please have this seat. I was going to sit here before you did.” The guy kept on talking to his friends. I went to a different seat.


            “Okay! Welcome back to school everyone! Everyone welcome our new student, Lucas Scott! Lucas please come up to the front of the room.” I got up from my unwanted seat and started to the front. When I got there the teacher patted me on the back. “Tell us something interesting about you!” I got sad and put my head down because the only interesting thing about me that I could actually tell people to where they would believe me was one of the worst things a kid could go through.


            “Interesting? Um? Okay, when I was five years old my dad decided to bring an Uzi to a family reunion and everyone I loved is now dead or in prison. My sister, my mom, grandparents, uncles and aunts, cousins, pets and civilians. There were only three family members that survived that day. Two of them weren’t at the reunion. My dad, and my aunt and uncle. I now live with them and my dad is on death row in a maximum security prison. Now you know about me!” I went back to my stupid seat and sat down. Everyone was staring at me in disbelief. “Hey Mr. Decker can I be excuse?”


            “Yes! Of course!” I ran out of the classroom and ran into a locker. Here’s the thing. Not only is my dad in prison, he is being framed. I know the real killer because he gave me what he likes to call a gift. He injected me with something that made me pass out. When I woke up, I was surrounded by dead bodies, blood, and my screaming dad. They think my dad had a psychotic break and that is why he killed everyone even though he didn’t kill anyone. I didn’t just wake up to corpses, I woke up with, and this is going to sound crazy, powers. I now have super speed, strength, hearing, sight, smell, I heal fast, and I can persuade people to do what I want. I know it may sound awesome, but it’s not. I am still not able to control my powers after 8 years. My uncle has been trying to help me control it. But back to the present and enough about my past.


            I dented the locker that I ran into, lucky it was my own. I could hear the conversation going on in the classroom. “Uh, sorry about that guys! Uh, Taylor could you go check on him?” I didn’t know who Taylor was so I just waited to see who she was or hear the sound of her voice. There was no answer. “Taylor? Could you please go check on him?” Mr. Decker seemed insistent like he knew how I was feeling.


            “What? Oh yeah, sure!” She got up and started walking toward the door. I could hear the sound of the charms dangling from her shoe laces clanging together. What a headache! She was almost out the door when I smelt something. Lavender! I remember that smell! When I walked into the classroom I smelt it. When she turned the door handle I knew who it was. The Angel! She walks out of the classroom and into the hallway. I forgot to mention something, a side effect of the serum he injected me with is when I am mad my eyes do something funky. They glow a bright blue. “Hey, are you okay?” she asked sounding genuinely concerned even though she was forced to come out here. I turned around with my eyes closed unaware of what was going on with them. I opened my eyes and she jolted back with fear I assume. “Your eyes? What’s wrong with them?”


            I turned around as quick as I could. “Oh, nothing!” I said as I stared at the ground! She waited until I would look back at her. “Why aren’t you leaving? Haven’t I scared you?”


            “No, but I guess I’ll leave if you really want me to!” She headed down the hall toward the girls bathroom. I could hear her every move, her every footstep, her every breath. She got down to the bathroom and went in. I decided it would be creepy if I kept listening from then on out. Just when I was about to focus on listening to something else, I heard a loud scoosh and then faint yelps. I sped down there as fast as I could. My max speed is 350 miles per hour. I got down there in less than a second.


            I bust through the door to see Taylor in hand and foot restraints with a gag on her mouth. Two problems: There were 5 guys that looked pretty strong gathered around her; and she didn’t have a blindfold on so if I used my powers she would know about me! I didn’t care! I used my strength and speed to take out all five guys in less than 10 seconds. Taylor’s eyes were wider than a Chihuahua’s. I cut her out of the restraints and took off her gag. “Ho- U- Wha- H-H-How d-did you d-do that?” I picked her up and started out the door.


            “I’ll explain later!” As I was exiting the bathroom, cradling her like a baby, I noticed she had a fairly large scrap on her forehead. “Oh, my! That looks nasty! Did they hit you?” I started getting really protective and angry. My eyes started to glow again, but I was able to control it so she didn’t see me like that. “I am gonna bring you down to the nurse, okay?” The wound looked like it was inflicted by the handle of a gun.


            “Yeah. They did hit me.” When I got down to the office, I burst through the door. Everyone was staring at me, confused and motionless. “Why is everyone staring?” I knew it was because of the manner in which I brought her in. “Hello?! It isn’t that big of a deal. It is just a small cut, right?”  I bring her into the nurse’s office whilst everyone is still staring at us. The nurse motions for me to sat her down of the examination table. I try to set her down, but she is clinging on to me for dear life. I had to pry her off of me and even then she still didn’t want to let go. I run down to the bathroom where all 5 guys are still unconscious. I tied them up and waited until the police came. When they arrived so did the paramedic.  I rushed down to see the EMT’s just about to take off with her in the back of the ambulance. I stopped the driver, snapped and told him I would be coming with him.


            “I will be joining you. Please open the back.” He opened the back and I jumped in. Taylor saw me and a smile came over her face instantly. “What’s that look for? Where are your parents?”  She just kept smiling. The vehicle jolted and we were on our way to the hospital. It was 40 minutes away so we had a long way to go. They didn’t turn on the sirens I am guessing because it wasn’t an urgent case. Bump! Popp! The vehicle started shaking. Huh!


            “What was that?! What’s happening!?” There was extreme fear in her voice. I opened the doors and saw 4 guys on motorcycles. “GET DOWN!!” I pulled Taylor to the ground a second before the men started shooting. I put my body over her like a shield, taking every bullet that was sent our way. Injured, I had to fight through it. I picked her up and took off. We were in the middle of the woods before they attacked. No matter what direction I ran in, it would be woods. Lucky for us, I have great tracking skills. I set her down when we got to a safe place. OUCH!!!! “Oh My God! You’ve been shot, a lot! Are you okay?” She seemed pretty worried.


            “All I need you to do is take these bullets out of my back.” I handed her the forceps I snagged from the ambulance. She got up and I could smell the blood dripping down her leg. I looked down at her leg and she had a wound about 3-4 inches long. “Ouch! That looks painful! When’d you get that?” I felt responsible for what happened to her. Remembering the first time these people attacked, I realized that they were not after me. They were after HER!


            “Oh my injury isn’t as bad as yours!” She said looking at the ten to twenty bullet holes in my back. She jolted as she took the still searing hot bullets out of my back. She watched me closely as if it was a miracle that I was healing that quickly. But it wasn’t a miracle it was just a regular day for me. “Ow! Okay I might have to get this checked out!”


            I picked her up and headed toward the hospital. My shirt was covered in bullet holes, so we stopped at a thrift store and I stole a baggy shirt. We kept on going and got there in a matter of seconds. I rushed her in and they brought us a gurney. I set her on it and they started heading up to a room. I followed close behind. When we got to the trauma room, they asked me to wait outside so they could clean it and stitch her up. I waited for a while for the doctor to come out. The doctor exited the trauma room. “She has a mild concussion from blunt force trauma. The wound on her shin was slightly infected, but we caught it in time. She will be fine, just have her use crutches for two days until she can walk normally.” She had this puzzled look on her face. “How did you get here so fast? Where are your guys’ parents? What is your relation?”


            “My name is Lucas Scott and her name is Taylor…… umm……. I am sorry I don’t know her last name, we just met.” She looked unimpressed and impatient. “Could I go in there to talk to her?” The doctor opened the door and waved her hand as if she was inviting me in. “Hey! I think the doctor thinks I am a kidnapper.” She chuckled and tried getting up. “Whoa there Nellie! Doctor said you need to rest your foot!” She kept trying to get up so I quickly raced over there and put her back in bed. It only took a millisecond to do it and she seemed so confused.


            “I’ll never get used to that! Could you take me home, I have crutches there! I live at 2078 Auburn Heights Road.” I nodded my head. Looking around, I picked her up and sped out of the hospital. When we got to her house her parents weren’t home. “Hey, do you have phone? I think my parents are heading to the hospital.” I handed her my Samsung Galaxy S5. She dialed their number while I looked around her house. “Don’t touch that!” She screamed at me when I picked a photo of her family. I saw the look in her eyes and I knew that I struck a nerve. I put it down and didn’t touch anything else. “My mom and dad thank you for bringing me to the hospital and said you are welcome to stay the night.”


            I went over to where she was sitting and brought her to her room. I set her down on the bed. “Where shall I be staying?” She put her hand out and waved it around the room. “Here?! In your room?” I was surprised and kind of weirded-out. I don’t know why because sleeping in a girl’s room is supposed to be a teenage boys dream, but it wasn’t mine. My dream is being normal and having my family back. I took some blankets and set them up on the floor. “Could I have a pillow? It’s getting late.” It was about 1 o‘clock AM. “You should go to bed, too.”


            “After today, I don’t think I will be able to go to sleep.” I lay down and closed my eyes. Drifting off into a blissful sleep I was interrupted by the sounds of quiet screams. I woke up and looked around, sweat dripping down on my face. TAYLOR!



© 2015 Lost In Space


Author's Note

Lost In Space
Please, Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on October 27, 2015
Last Updated on October 28, 2015
Tags: adventure, powers


Author

Lost In Space
Lost In Space

MI



About
I am a 13 year old girl that has recently gone through a lot of rough stuff. One thing that helps me is writing! That is really all I have to say. more..

Writing