Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Love Knows No Boundaries

Love Knows No Boundaries

A Story by Bushra Naqshbandi
"

Cinderella with my own twist in the tale! :)

"
Once upon a time, there lived a small girl named Ella. She lived with her father, stepmother and two step-sisters. Her father generally stayed away from home due to work. Her step-mother was very unkind to her and made her do all the chores of the house. However, her step-sisters loved her dearly and used to help her when their mother wasn't looking. Ella spent most of the time in the kitchen among the cinders and her step mother started calling her Cinder-Ella. Her sisters decided that Cinderella sounded beautiful like the name of a princess and from that time onwards everybody called her Cinderella.
One fine morning, a herald was heard proclaiming that the prince of the kingdom had arranged a grand ball to be held and all the beautiful young ladies of the kingdom were invited as the prince wished to choose a bride for himself. Cinderella's stepmother became extremely excited and hurried off to buy muslin to prepare new gowns for her daughters to attend the ball. When her daughters requested her to buy muslin for Cinderella also, she scolded them severely. They felt extremely sorry for Cinderella but she was happy that her sisters were going to the ball. However, her sisters made a plan of attending the ball after midnight and sending Cinderella before them in the evening. They would pretend that Cinderella was sleeping in her room when she would actually be present at the ball. The only thing was that Cinderella would have to come back before midnight so that her stepmother wouldn't come to know that she'd been there. Cinderella resisted first but finally gave in. The day of the ball arrived and Cinderella went to her room to get dressed. However, her stepmother had taken her sisters into their room to dress them herself and they were unable to give Cinderella some fine clothes to wear. Poor Cinderella was heartbroken that after so much planning and dreaming she could not go the ball as she had nothing to wear. She sat down on her mattress crying silently. As her cries turned to loud sobs, there was a sudden flash of light in her room. She looked up and saw a beautiful woman wearing a white coloured dress. The woman smiled at her and said that she was her fairy godmother. She then asked Cinderella why she was crying. Cinderella told her all about the ball and how she had nothing to wear. Her fairy godmother brought forth a wand and asked Cinderella to bring her five mice and a pumpkin. Cinderella stopped crying and did as her fairy godmother said. Her fairy godmother waved her wand and she and Cinderella were suddenly standing outside on the road. She then touched the five mice with her wand and they turned to four horses and a coachman. She touched the pumpkin and it changed into a carriage. She then touched Cinderella and Cinderally was suddenly wearing a beautiful black and golden gown with a pair of matching stiletos made of glass which, oddly, complimented her dress beautifully. Her godmother reminded her to arrive before midnight and told her that she'd deliberately done such magic that would last only till midnight so that she would not be tempted to stay longer and get herself into trouble with her stepmother. Cinderella thanked her and then set off in her carriage like a princess. When she arrived at the ball, everyone stared at her and the prince fell in love with her at first sight. He danced only with her and asked her all about herself and her family. She told him everything truthfully and he started to love her even more for that. He requested her not to leave at midnight, promising that he'd protect her from her stepmother but she wasn't able to believe him. Moreover, she remembered her godmother's words that the magic would wear off before midnight and somehow rushed off before the clock struck twelve. The prince, fearing that he'd lose her, rushed out after her. While running, she sprained her left foot and had to take off her stiletos. One of them fell down and since the prince was hot on her trail, she could not turn back to pick it up. As luck would have it, some friends of the prince's called him and he was forced to give them a moment. When he turned around, Cinderella was nowhere to be seen. He was grief-stricken at having lost the love of his life without any clue to her whereabouts and only a stilleto left as her memoir. However, he refused to give up so easily and decided that he would search for her himself and prove to her that she could trust him. The next day, he started looking for her home remembering how she had described it to him. After three days of inquiry and search he arrived, disguised, at a house which fit her description exactly. He pretented to be a tired, rich merchant in search of food and water. Cinderella's stepmother went to her in the kitchen and bade her prepare food for the merchant. She introduced her daughters to the prince who was convinced that he had arrived at the place of his beloved. After eating he requested to meet the girl who had cooked the food. Cinderella's stepmother told the prince that the food had been cooked by her maid and she wouldn't want to come before him. The prince replied that if she didn't want to come before him, he himself would go to her as he wanted to meet her. He then went into the kitchen. Cinderella recognised him even under the disguise and was shocked to see him there. The prince smiled happily at her and told her that he'd promised that he'd protect her and love her but she had not believed him. Therefore, he'd come to her house to prove to her that she could trust him. With these words, he walked closer to her, went down on his knees, held out a ring and told her that he wanted to marry her. She looked at her stepmother who, it seemed, couldn't understand what was happening. Her sisters whom she'd told everything now understood that the merchant was actually the prince. They walked over to her side and asked her not to be scared of their mother and believe her love. She then, shyly, held out her hand and the prince put the ring on her finger. Her sisters laughed with joy. Her stepmother realised her mistake. She felt ashamed and apologised for having treated Cinderella badly. She happile forgave her and from then on her stepmother loved her like her own mother. The prince then married Cinderella and they lived happily ever after.

© 2015 Bushra Naqshbandi


Author's Note

Bushra Naqshbandi
My own version of Cinderella written for a contest. Reviews are welcome. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

Bushra Naqshbandi
Bushra Naqshbandi

Srinagar, Kashmir, India



About
An ardent admirer of Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton and Rick Riordian. Want to grow as a writer and become popular with the masses. :) more..

Writing