What God said, what people made it.

What God said, what people made it.

A Story by Bushra Naqshbandi
"

Humble request: Do not believe tales and spread them blindly. If you want to raise a voice in indignation, atleast find out what you're raising a voice against. :)

"
Completely frustrated, I decided to confront God - the one responsible for every problem in my life. As a muslim girl there were certain answers I wanted from him. So many restrictions and prohibitions! I was beginning to feel that the next thing Islam would say would be that breathing was not allowed and we'd have to die. My life was such a mess that I started praying regularly so that I could get close to God and be granted whatever I wanted. Mean of me but that's how humans are. That was when I started reading the Qur'an (the Muslim's Holy book). In it, I read that women were told to cover their bodies so they wouldn't be molested, not beacuse they were Satanic entities or something. I discovered that women had to obey their husbands not because their husbands were superior but because they provided for them (something which is clearly not applicable in today's world). I found out that one shouldn't backbite, cheat, commit adultery/fornication or kill except for jusutice. I found out that if a girl's parents forced her to marry, the marriage was invalid according to Islam. I found out that the best men are those who are best to their wives. The status of a mother is so elevated that paradise lies at her feet and her children owe her thrice as much as they owe their father. While performing ablution, muslims wash their hands thrice. For five prayers - five ablutions which means washing one's hands fifteen times a day, ''coincidentally'' the exact no. suggested by doctors today to avoid swine flu. People see their covered heads and think they're oppressed. Jesus gave his life for Christians, can't we obey the Lord of Jesus by covering our heads? When they don't see nuns as oppressed creatures covering their heads why do they think Muslim women are oppressed. The answer is simple. They have no knowledge of Islam except what others have told them based on their own conjectures. When Hindu's ask for dowry, their women are not considered oppressed. The dower mentioned in the Qur'an is a present from the father to his daughter and it is not permissible for her husband (whom she has to obey in everything by the way), much less her in-laws to touch it. Are women in Islam oppressed? Think again. I think you should. Offering prayer five times a day had appeared troublesome but it then became a chance of talking to God in the way He, Himself had ordered and moreover it created a disciplined routine in my life. Was I not blessed with everything one could ask for. Why shouldn't I pray? They go down on their knees to propose their girlfriend/boyfriend but cannot go down on their knees for the creator of the whole universe! Are they scared? I think they're oppressed. :) By reading His sent book I realised that it wasn't my religion I'd hated but the ignorance that I'd heard from ignorant people. I'd hated their created religion and I still hate it. My religion is the one I fell in love with after gaining knowledge about it. Today, I am a proud Muslim.

© 2015 Bushra Naqshbandi


Author's Note

Bushra Naqshbandi
Speaking from my personal experiece, this religion is not what people say it is. They follow their own desires and paint a false portrait in front of others. I repeat, do not believe tales and spread them blindly. If you want to raise a voice in indignation, atleast find out what you're raising a voice against. :) Reviews are welcome. Criticism will be appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Soo real and true.. I totally agree.. these days lies just keep spreading and very few people seek out the truth .
Islam is beautiful . :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bushra Naqshbandi

9 Years Ago

I wish everyone could realise this.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Added on March 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 8, 2015

Author

Bushra Naqshbandi
Bushra Naqshbandi

Srinagar, Kashmir, India



About
An ardent admirer of Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton and Rick Riordian. Want to grow as a writer and become popular with the masses. :) more..

Writing