Last Night Was Awesome

Last Night Was Awesome

A Story by C.A. Lucas

Last night was Sunday night, and tried not to loath the idea of school in the morning. I didn't, though. I just appreciated what was there, right then. Of course earlier in the day my room had been a disaster but I had just cleaned it and it was perfect. I made my bed before I went to sleep (I sleep on my comforter) and noticed the beautiful bed spread my parents bought me and I looked at the windows with darling curtains that matched it. I stepped on my pink, furry rug and admired it. Then I looked at my other rug and realized that it was a $400 rug or something, finely woven with yellow, blue, green, pink, and purple wool. And it was a very hearty rug. I also saw my dresser which I've had ever since I was a baby. It was a terrible color, but last year my dad painted it pink with cute silver knobs. Of course pink wasn't my favorite color, and I wanted a much different style of a room, but right then my room was like a princess'.
After admiring my bedroom, I laid on my bed and smelled the pillow-cases. They were freshly washed with a detergent that was probably fruit-morning air- scented. Then I went on the computer. My family has three fans in the house, because we all prefer to sleep with a steady beat. Unfortunately, my brother's broke so he stole mine, and I was left with silence. So I went on the computer and lead myself to the beloved website "YouRepeat."  I played a song by Yiruma "The River Flows in You."  So beautiful. I didn't want to fall asleep. I looked at my ceiling and appreciated the peace and serenity in that moment.
Suddenly, a dog barked. Ugh, he was disturbing Saturday night. But I just let his cry be a part of the music, a part of the moment. I invited him to join me in my meditation. And guess what? The dog didn't bark once more.
So I turned off my light and fell asleep instantly.

© 2012 C.A. Lucas


Author's Note

C.A. Lucas
I hope you all have experienced a moment like this. If you haven't, it doesn't hurt to try :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012

Author

C.A. Lucas
C.A. Lucas

My Life, The World As I Perceive It



About
Hello fellow visitor! I welcome you to my WritersCafe profile! If you want to read my writing- stories, poems, maybe a book, then browse and see which title interests you. If you want to know more abo.. more..

Writing