Assigned seats

Assigned seats

A Chapter by CAira

The rest of the day was a blur, Gym, Math, History. I decided to skip practice and go straight home, I needed time to take in what had happened today. As I walked home I thought back to the very first time I had ever seen Naya, it was freshman year and she was new to the town. Everyone refused to talk to her because she was to ‘weird’. Even though I laughed with the crowd somewhere inside, I had feelings for her. I never told anyone though, I thought that if I denied it then it would just go away but they didn’t. Now I was dating Lacey, and if I even dared dump her she would flip and so would everyone else in the school. But even if I did dump her, that doesn’t mean that Naya even likes me, she doesn’t show any emotion at all.

I walked up the stairs to my house and went straight upstairs to my room, my mom was still at work, her hours were crazy late. I stripped my clothes and got in the shower, hoping that it would wash away my thoughts.

I wrapped a towel around my waist area, and combed my jet black hair. My eyes were ice blue, like my fathers and I had to admit I was pretty fit. Lacey and I made a great commercial couple with her strawberry blonde hair and green eyes, she was right about that, but I didn’t want to be with someone just to show off. I walked back into my room where I changed into some briefs and shorts. For the rest of the night I let myself zone out in my music, which is what I normally did when my life got confusing.

 

The next day I woke up extremely late and by the time I got to school my first class had already began. I quickly put my things away and got a tardy; when I walked into the classroom oddly everyone was in their seats actually doing work, even Jake. When I looked over to see what mysterious thing had happened to old Mrs. Valerie, I saw that Mrs. Valerie was gone and instead there was a young man wearing a tie with perfectly combed hair. He looked up from his desk when he noticed me and I walked over to give him my slip, he smiled and said,

“Ah, alarm clock broke?” I laughed

“Yeah, sure” he smiled at my reply, then looked around the class, he pointed to a seat in the back of the room next to Naya,

“How about you sit there from now on, I gave assigned seats at the beginning of class. Go ahead and grab a book from the shelf and start reading chapter four with your partner.”

“My partner?” I asked

“Yes, the person who you sit by is your partner”

“Oh” I got one of the nearly dead books from the shelf and walked over to my assigned seat.

Naya was actually reading the assignment I thought she would be drawing. When I sat down next to her she looked at me with astonishment, I smiled and waved trying to be funny.

“No, I am not working with you” she was staring at me with those blazing eyes.

“Well go tell Mr. New guy, that you refuse to work with me.” I grinned at her as she glared at me, I knew she would dare get up in front of everyone and protest.

“Fine, you do your work and I will do mine.” She reached in her black messenger bag and pulled out a pair of headphones.

“No.No.No,” I said with a broad smile,” I believe he said this was ‘partner work” I laughed then at her facial expression, it was priceless.

“Look, Danny,” She knew my name? How, “I’m not a people person, and especially toward people whose girlfriend wants to kill me”

“You really believe she would kill you? And ruin her reputation? I doubt it!” She laughed and I thought I saw a slight blush against her tan skin.

“Fine if you insist on working together, for some reason”

I opened my book to the chapter and I can feel her eyes burning a whole into my face,

“You know if you take a picture it will last longer” I turn to look up at her gaze

“I wasn’t looking at you” she said in a monotone voice

“Yeah sure, your eyes just happened to be on my face.” I laugh as she rolls her eyes at me, we work together for a while until the teacher finally tells us to put our books away and sit back down for the last ten minutes of class, I took both of our books back to the shelf.

When I sat back down Naya had put her bag back on her shoulder,

“So why are you so quiet?” I asked trying to start conversation

“Why is the sky blue?” she joked

“O.K then why is a girl like you single?” she stared at me harder then

“How do you know I’m single?”

“I just figured” she cut me off then

“Well you figured wrong, I’m not single,” I could feel my facial expression change, and I could tell she noticed too, “why do you care if I’m single or not, your dating the most popular girl in the school.” She looked intrigued and fascinated at the same time.

“Because I find you really attractive,” the words slipped out of my mouth before I could rethink them, her face was red, I couldn’t tell if she was blushing or just plain out flushed by what I had just said,” I…I… I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that, you have a boyfriend.” I pretended to hit myself in the head.

“Danny, I don’t have a boyfriend. I just said that because I didn’t feel like being harassed. I can’t believe you just said that.” She had a thing for staring people right in their eyes

“Yeah well, I couldn’t hold it in any longer”

“Any longer? How long have you…Liked me?”

“Since freshman year” her eyes grew larger as I told her this

“Wow, umm, well I don’t know what to say honestly” she looked as if she were waiting for me to ask her out.

“I wish my life were so much easier”

“I’m guessing that you’re talking about Lacey” she grinned

“Yeah, I am” At that moment I wished that I could just break up with Lacey and ask Naya to be my girlfriend , but I knew it would never be that easy, she was reading my facial expression and she looked slightly angry then said.

“Look I understand that being with Lacey is something you’re obligated to do, so don’t bother talking to me.” The bell rang and she nearly ran out of the class room, while I sat there in shock of what I had just did.     

  



© 2013 CAira


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're right, there are quite a few mistakes with the grammar, but other than that, I'm really enjoying this. Keep posting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CAira

11 Years Ago

Yeah, was typing really fast. I might not upload again until tomorrow, but i hope you keep reading! .. read more
Addi

11 Years Ago

I will :) And look, no pressure, but if you have some spare time I would really appreciate your feed.. read more
CAira

11 Years Ago

Of course :)
sorry about grammatical errors!
Please comment your thoughts so far!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 3, 2013
Last Updated on March 3, 2013


Author

CAira
CAira

IL



About
I love to write! I love to read! I like to bowl (i know thats not common) I'm in high school! I want to be a writer! I cant seem to finish my stories! more..

Writing
My Irish Love My Irish Love

A Story by CAira


Invisible Invisible

A Chapter by CAira