Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by CreativeCookie

I look sadly at the boy's face, peaceful, as if he's sleeping. Simply sleeping. If only it was that instead of the truth. He's dead. I know, I'm the one who killed him. I take one last look at the boy, bubbles floating up from his body's decent into the depths of the sea, then turn, heading for the light. I break through the surface, taking in a lungful of clean, clear air. Trying to chase the scent and taste of his life's essence from myself. Ducking back under the waves, my tail propelling me forward as I cut through the water like a knife.
.....................

Before I go on, let me explain. I know you're probably think I'm a cold-blooded killer who likes to talk about her victims like some sick, twisted, insane person. Honestly, if our roles were reversed, me being the reader and you the one talking about someone you killed, I'd think the same thing. But, hear me out, alright? See, I wasn't always this way, a killer, I mean. I was a "normal" person with a "normal" life. Really, I was!
You're probably thinking that I stopped being "normal" months before I killed someone, years, perhaps. But, it was only a few days after I stopped being "normal" that I made my first kill. I know what you're probably thinking "Your first kill? You mean that wasn't the only time?" As a matter of fact. it wasn't. It was the first of many such kills. No! Don't close the book! I promise, it's not that kind of book, it's not a horror story, and I'm not insane! At least, I don't think I am, insane, I mean... Oh, that probably didn't help any either. Look, I'm not very good with this kind of thing, it's been a long time since I've really talked to anyone (it's sad, really).
So, why don't we just start at the beginning of the end, then the beginning of the beginning? Okay, that didn't even make total sense to me. Oh, well. Just, keep reading, please. If you keep an open mind, you might even agree that I'm not an insane murderer. Maybe.


© 2013 CreativeCookie


Author's Note

CreativeCookie
Okay, here's your prologue! Tear me down, make me cry...you know, all that wonderful stuff that makes me a better writer!
Love,
CreativeCookie

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cid
I read the 'Prologue' and I wish you much luck for your this book "Melody" and I hope one day you'll be a professional writer. This prologue is well penned. I'd love to encourage you to write more and don't give up in life. You'll get what you want to just put your hard efforts and i've seen that your a very hard worker and since the months i've seen you've allot of potential to make your career brightest living. Keep dreaming and keep move on!

May God Bless You!

Posted 10 Years Ago


WOW! Totally awesome!!! I AM SO INTRIGUED!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a pretty nice start! I love how she's talking to the reader (or is it a he?) and trying to explain, and I will stick it out... if I find it interesting enough. :) So far, it's holding my attention really well. :3
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013


Author

CreativeCookie
CreativeCookie

Tuscaloosa, AL



About
I love to write, read, sing, and act. I write all kinds of things songs, poems, stories all that kind of thing in all different genres. I mostly do fantasy, though, it's my favorite! Someday I hope to.. more..

Writing
Stop Stop

A Poem by CreativeCookie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..