Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Michael E Dust
"

Darkness is it's own mistress

"

The alleyway smelled like booze and cheap w****s as Alex walked out into the alleyway waiting for Veronica.  Alex couldn’t get the smell of her out of his nose.  Her smell reminded him of a prostitute.  The rain had finally stopped and Alex looked up to see a full moon overhead.  He understood the implications of a full moon and was hoping that there wasn’t an inevitable trap waiting for him at the end of the night.  Alex sighed.  “What’s up bud?” Frank said.  Alex opened up his jacket and looked at his bodiless friend.  “The longer I wait the more this feels like a trap.  I’m not in the mood to kick some ones a*s tonight.  I have more important things to do” Alex said.  Frank nodded.  “I think we should go back in there and beat the information out of her” Frank said.  Alex chuckled at the thought of every ones blistered beaten body at the expensive of his friends enjoyment.  Frank loved a good beating when Alex dealt it.  The sick satisfaction of beating the lifelessness out of another individual came second nature to a Reaver along with stealing their soul.  Frank muttered.  “Have you told your brother about this yet?” Alex pulled out a cigarette bringing it to his lips before pulling out a steel lighter.  The lighter was emblazoned with a tree containing eight stars on eight branches.  Alex lit the cigarette and took a hit.  Alex exhaled.  “My brother does not fight anymore.  He has a family now” Alex said.  Alex took another hit of the cigarette and blew out the smoke.  “Alex, your brother is one of the great weapon masters, and a Reaper.  I’m sure your brother would honorably come to assist you if he knew” Frank said.  “I don’t want to burden him with my troubles.  We have been alive for centuries.  I doubt he even gives a damn about my fiancé” Alex said.  Frank gave Alex a stern look.  “You’re a moron Alex.  I don’t even feel bad about it.  Your brother loves you and you don’t even consider it.  I’m going to send him our location anyway because if this is a trap you are going to need the help” Frank said.  Alex put Frank back into his jacket.  Frank kicked in screamed in the most pathetic way possible considering the lack of a body.  “You know I’m right Alex” Frank screamed before being muffled in the jacket.  “Probably” Alex said. 

A few moments later the door to the back of the club opened up.  Veronica walked out in a slightly less skimpy outfit and a leather jacket.  Honestly, Alex did not find it to be much of an improvement upon the previous sexy cat outfit.  Regardless of the fact that she was in fact a Cait Sith.  Alex didn’t seem to care it this point in the process.  “What took you so long?  It’s been 2 hours since we last spoke” Alex said.  Veronica looked over at Alex with a cheerful demeanor and practically hopped over the Alex.  Alex was not amused.  “Thank you for waiting!  I was hoping I would have this opportunity to speak with you regarding the Vampire Clans in this area.  They work for Maliketh, and I think we can take them down tonight” Veronica said.  Alex pulled out a cigarette and handed it to her.  Veronica snatched the cigarette from his hand, snapped her fingers and conjured a small flame from her pointer finger using it to light cigarettes.  Alex shook his head.  Veronica took a puff of the cigarette and smiled.  “That’s so good right now” She said.  “I wouldn’t use magic in public, you know what could happen if people catch you in this form and using magic.  What we have to do when that happens?” Alex said.  Veronica pouted.  “I’ll be good Mr. Policeman of the underworld” Veronica said whilst cowering in the most sarcastic way.  “You’re a first for me.  Usually people are just dying to meet me in the underworld.  I would always take you there” Alex said jokingly.  Veronica slapped Alex.  “You wouldn’t dare a*s hole!” Veronica said.  Alex hadn’t tried to stop her but he could feel the burn from her sting, there was definitely some fire in it.  “Are we talking about this or not Veronica?” Alex said.  Veronica’s eyes lit up for a minute.  “O yes, we should go somewhere else.  I’ll take you somewhere where we can talk about this in private she said.  Veronica needed to mask her appearance before going out in public.  She used some of her fairy magic to conceal her cat tail, fur and ears before walking out of the alleyway.  She looked very human without the extra cat parts but somehow Alex couldn’t help but find her off without all the Cait Sith parts.  She extended a hand to him.  Alex looked at her.  “You’re supposed to hold it.  I don’t want us to look too inconspicuous.  Could be a bit dangerous?” Veronica said.  “Which club are we going too?” Alex said.  “That’s for me to know and you to find out sugar” Veronica said.  Alex shook his head and took her hand hesitantly.  “Only this one time and if your wrong I may have to rip your heart out” Alex said.  Veronica looked over to him and smiled.  “Only if you think it’s best” Veronica said. 



© 2015 Michael E Dust


Author's Note

Michael E Dust
Still a rough copy, just getting it out there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 21, 2015
Tags: Adventure, Fantasy, Vampire, Killing, Weapons, Armor, Attacking, Fighting, Love, Romance, Pain


Author

Michael E Dust
Michael E Dust

Springfield, MO



About
Created an account to meet new people and explore a new hobby. I did a lot of writing in high school and I'm looking to just write for my own personal exploration. I have always had different concep.. more..

Writing