The Christening

The Christening

A Chapter by CK_85
"

The 4 cave explorers enter what they thought to be a new cave.

"
"No, guys, trust me. I swear that there's something up there!" the third member of the group exclaimed. The leader of the group agreed to check the premises for any promising evidence of a cave around the area. There had to be at least one, as it was the state which was populated with the most caves: Tennessee.
The group of explorers meandered around the area for a while before the second group member found a note. He slid it to the first member and the leader of the group without a word.

August 17, 1953

After two weeks of steady searching, I have stumbled across a cave! To my knowledge, it has never been explored before. I never would've thought that this day would've ever come. I'm leaving these notes for myself, more than anyone else. Though, and God forbid, if anything tragic happens to me during this cave exploration, these notes will definitely serve some use to future explorers.

-A Son

The note was written on an aged piece of paper, which showed its age through staining and varying line thickness, only demonstrated by fountain pens.
"Where did you find this?" the first member inquired to the second.
"Near a large hole. I'm guessing that it's a cave entrance, but I don't know."
"Show me," the first member commanded.
The second group member guided the other three members to the site where he found the note. The abyss that confronted them had a rappel system set up next to it that appeared to be broken.
"Let's fix this thing up and get in there. I'll knot everything up; you three can get a foundation going so we don't end up trapped in there like that poor soul."
Fifteen minutes of hard work gave way to their new home. It was already furnished with poor ventilation, pure darkness, and an atmosphere of eagerness for exploration.


© 2017 CK_85


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on February 23, 2017
Last Updated on February 23, 2017
Tags: Horror, Exploration


Author

CK_85
CK_85

Buffalo, NY



About
I write stories, unorthodox snippets of prose, as well as hip-hop lyrics. more..

Writing
Love & Hate Love & Hate

A Poem by CK_85